Reduce individual and business income taxes to a maximum 25%
• Eliminate taxes on repatriated foreign profits and capital gains
• The capital gains tax is a wall separating those with ideas from those with money
• Why would we want to wall off those with ideas? That’s where
we get business formation, job creation and innovation.
• When companies sell products overseas they face double
taxation when those profits are brought home (repatriation) to invest in America and pay its workers
• Companies don’t ship jobs overseas, Liberals ship capital overseas and the jobs merely follow.
Lots to like there. Now, I would argue that 25% is too high. That should be a lower rate frankly, but, I like the idea of making tax rates permanent. Cain also lays out much more, and I really like the vision he brings. Please go read it all. Many people argue that Cain has no chance in this race, but, stranger things have happened in presidential races. Herman Cain is a serious man, and these times demand a serious candidate.