Jill has some of his ideas
Rick Perry proposes radical reforms of our corrupt, bloated, nightmare of a government. Some of his ideas:
Cut congressional pay in half and repeal the rules that prevent members of Congress from holding real jobs in their home states and communities.
Criminalize insider trading by members of Congress.
Until a Balanced Budget Amendment is ratified by the states, support cutting Congressional pay in half if Congress fails to propose a long-term balanced budget. Freeze federal civilian hiring and salaries until the budget is balanced.
Veto any bill that places a new, unfunded mandate on states,local communities, or schools.
Here are some more
- Work with Congress to pass legislation requiring a 2/3s majority to pass any increase in taxes.
- End Life-time Appointments to the Supreme Court
- End lifetime appointments of federal judges by instituting an 18-year term limit. This would have to apply prospectively (eg. not to current Supreme Court judges) and require a Constitutional Amendment.
- Issue an immediate moratorium on all pending federal regulations, order a full audit of every regulation passed since 2008 and repeal any regulation that is not affordable, effective and appropriate.
- Support legislation to automatically sunset federal regulations unless Congress votes to renew them.
- Develop an online, searchable database of all federal regulations currently in force.
- Work with Congress to dismantle, reform, and restructure wasteful, overbearing, and redundant federal agencies:
- The Department of Commerce, Department of Education and the Department of Energy would be completely eliminated. Essential duties – such as DoE’s Nuclear Security Administration, would be transferred to other agencies.
- The Department of Homeland Security (including the Transportation Security Administration, which would be privatized) and the Environmental Protection Agency would be restructured and reformed entirely.
Privatizing DHS and the TSA? EXCELLENT!
Jill also links the full video of Glenn Beck’s interview with Perry. Some very good stuff! Perry has some rock solid ideas, including returning Congress to a PART-TIME basis!
Fact is that no other candidate is calling for these reforms are they? I keep telling everyone that Perry IS the most Conservative guy in the race. I say that because he is!
Listen to the video, and pass these planned reforms around folks. And please ignore those who are in a rush to anoint Romney, or Newt we deserve a better nominee, and Perry is exactly that!
Lastly, here is Perry’s speech last night announcing his plans.