The Blaze: CIA OPERATORS TOLD TO ‘STAND DOWN’ DURING ATTACK & 3 URGENT REQUESTS FOR MILITARY BACK-UP WERE DENIED

According to a report from Jennifer Griffin of Fox News, sources have confirmed that three separate calls for military assistance were denied during the Benghazi attack

Explosive new allegations surrounding the Benghazi attack emerged this morning, with FOX News’ Jennifer Griffin reporting that sources have confirmed that three urgent requests for military assistance sent from the CIA annex were all denied. Additionally, CIA operators were told to “stand down” rather than respond when shots were heard around 9:40 p.m. on September 11.

Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, the two former Navy SEALS who were among the four Americans inevitably killed, subsequently disobeyed orderes and decided to head to the main consulate building to help U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

At the time of the attack, Doherty and Woods were at a secure CIA annex only one mile away from the chaos unfolding at the compound. When they heard shots fired, they let the chain of command know what was going on, but were told to “stand down,” according to FOX’s sources. This same mandate was given to the men when they called a second time an hour later to report the violence on the ground.

After being told twice not to respond, Woods, Doherty and two others ignored orders and made their way to the main compound, where the violence was still intense. The building was on fire and shots were exchanged. FOX News has more:

The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

The Blaze will have some updates I am sure, and Fox News has more including this video via Gateway Pundit

UPDATE! Weasel Zippers has news that  Hilary Clinton ordered additional security for Benghazi, and that was denied by the president.

Via Fox Nation:

Last night, it was revealed that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had ordered more security at the U.S. mission in Benghazi before it was attacked where four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens were murdered by Al-Qaeda but President Obama denied the request.

The news broke on TheBlazeTV’s “Wilkow!” hosted by Andrew Wilkow, by best-selling author, Ed Klein who said the legal counsel to Clinton had informed him of this information.

Klein also said that those same sources said that former President Bill Clinton has been “urging” his wife [Hillary] to release official State Department documents that prove she called for additional security at the compound in Libya, which would almost certainly result in President Obama losing the election.

I guess she does have bigger balls than Obama.

2 thoughts on “The Blaze: CIA OPERATORS TOLD TO ‘STAND DOWN’ DURING ATTACK & 3 URGENT REQUESTS FOR MILITARY BACK-UP WERE DENIED

  1. Pingback: Clinton Asked For More Security in Benghazi, Obama said No « pundit from another planet

  2. Pingback: WND COMMENTARY by MYCHAL MASSIE « How Did We Get Here

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s