New Zealand Woman Mistakes Adhesive For Lip Balm, Accidentally Glues Mouth Shut

Woman Accidentally Glues Mouth Shut – WKMG

A New Zealand woman mistook a tube of superglue for lip balm and accidentally sealed her mouth shut.

.

The 64-year-old woman, who requested anonymity, was fumbling in the dark for something to apply to a cold sore late Thursday night when she made the mistake, the Telegraph reported.

The superglue and lip balm were kept in the same tray in her medicine cabinet.

Addled by a cold, the woman told authorities she couldn’t get a whiff of the toxic adhesive before applying it to her mouth, the Otago Daily Times reported.

She went back to bed, and soon her lips were tightly sealed.

Senior Sgt. Steve Aiken told the New Zealand Herald the woman “sounded gagged or possibly had a medical condition” when she called emergency services.

“She could only grunt,” he said.

The superglue was removed with paraffin oil at a hospital in Dunedin, according to the Independent.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s