John Allison, a 41-year-old Potsdam man, was jailed Wednesday after he allegedly masturbated with a stick of pepperoni at a local grocery store – then put the food product back on the shelf for others to enjoy.
According to New York state police, Allison entered the Hannaford Grocery store at St. Lawrence Plaza, grabbed a stick of pepperoni, and proceeded to rub his penis against it.
After satisfying himself, Allison placed the pepperoni back on the shelf and attempted to exit the store.
A loss prevention officer who witnessed the act over surveillance video called police and provided them with video of what had transpired.
Allison was charged with public lewdness and fourth-degree criminal mischief. He is currently being held in lieu of $1,000 cash bail or $2,000 bond.
Eric Holder is a national embarrassment. By the way how confident should we feel that his Justice Department will be looking into the IRS scandal?
Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters Tuesday that the leak to the Associated Press that prompted the Justice Department to secretly obtain phone records for AP reporters and editors constituted a “very, very serious leak” that “put the American people at risk.”
The AP sent a scathing letter to the DOJ on Monday, after they were informed that the DOJ had secretly obtained two months worth of phone records from April and May of 2012, a period of time during which the AP reported on a covert CIA operation in Yemen to prevent an airplane bomb plot. The Justice Department had previously said it was investigating the leak.
“This was a very serious leak. A very, very serious leak,” Holder said Tuesday at a press conference. He added that it was possibly the most serious leak he had seen, or at least top two or three.
See, it was “very serious” In fact it was “very very serious”, in his personal top three very, very serious leaks it seems. I wonder if it was more, or less serious than selling guns to Mexican cartels?
After 10 days of deliberations, a jury reached a verdict Monday in the murder trial of abortion Doctor Kermit Gosnell.
The 72-year-old Gosnell has been found guilty on three of four counts of first degree murder involving the deaths of babies born alive in the clinic and not guilty on one count of first degree murder.
Gosnell was also found guilty of one count of involuntary manslaughter related to the death of an adult woman who died under his care and one count of infanticide.
Gosnell was facing hundreds of counts, led by five counts of murder (four babies allegedly born alive and then killed with scissors and one woman who died during an abortion). In addition to the five murder charges, Gosnell was also facing more than 200 charges of violating abortion law. Other charges included conspiracy and performing abortions past 24 weeks. This is the only charge conceded by the defense.
Earlier in the day on Monday, the jury told the judge that they were deadlocked on two counts. It was not immediately known which counts they were hung on. However, the judge ordered the jury to resume their deliberations and it was announced that a verdict was reached at about 2:15 p.m.
The jury heard and seen all the evidence (the often gruesome and disturbing evidence), heard the attorneys’ arguments.
Gosnell’s defense team argued the babies were not born alive, and the woman’s death was an accident, resulting from an adverse reaction to medicine.
David Beckman, a 64-year-old Illinois man, was jailed Wednesday after he allegedly raped his pet peacock.
According to Roselle police, detectives learned that Beckman sexually assaulted his pet peacock while he was under investigation for the indecent solicitation of a child.
Although detectives have declined to get into details about the case, a spokesperson for the State Attorney’s Office has confirmed that Beckman is accused of sexually assaulting the bird.
Investigators say the bird, whose name is Phyl, was found deceased in Beckman’s garage on April 28. Detectives reported seeing the animal alive just a few days earlier while investigating the child solicitation case.
Beckman was booked into the Dupage County Jail and charged with harassment by telephone, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of marijuana possession, attempted indecent solicitation of a child between 13 and 17, cruelty to animals and two counts of battery.
He remains held in lieu of $10,000 and has been scheduled for a June 12 arraignment hearing.
A worldwide gang of criminals stole $45 million in a matter of hours by hacking their way into a database of prepaid debit cards and then draining cash machines around the globe, federal prosecutors said Thursday – and outmoded U.S. card technology may be partly to blame.
Seven people are under arrest in the U.S. in connection with the case, which prosecutors said involved thousands of thefts from ATMs using bogus magnetic swipe cards carrying information from Middle Eastern banks. The fraudsters moved with astounding speed to loot financial institutions around the world, working in cells including one in New York, Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said.
She called it “a massive 21st-century bank heist” carried out by brazen thieves.
One of the suspects was caught on surveillance cameras, his backpack increasingly loaded down with cash, authorities said. Others took photos of themselves with giant wads of bills as they made their way up and down Manhattan.
Here’s how it worked:
Hackers got into bank databases, eliminated withdrawal limits on pre-paid debit cards and created access codes. Others loaded that data onto any plastic card with a magnetic stripe – an old hotel key card or an expired credit card worked fine as long as it carried the account data and correct access codes.
A network of operatives then fanned out to rapidly withdraw money in multiple cities, authorities said. The cells would take a cut of the money, then launder it through expensive purchases or ship it wholesale to the global ringleaders. Lynch didn’t say where they were located.
It appears no individuals lost money. The thieves plundered funds held by the banks that back up prepaid credit cards, not individual or business accounts, Lynch said.
She called it a “virtual criminal flash mob,” and a security analyst said it was the biggest ATM fraud case she had heard of.
There were two separate attacks, one in December that reaped $5 million worldwide and one in February that snared about $40 million in 10 hours with about 36,000 transactions. The scheme involved attacks on two banks, Rakbank in the United Arab Emirates and the Bank of Muscat in Oman, prosecutors said.
The plundered ATMs were in Japan, Russia, Romania, Egypt, Colombia, Britain, Sri Lanka, Canada and several other countries, and law enforcement agencies from more than a dozen nations were involved in the investigation, U.S. prosecutors said.
The accused ringleader in the U.S. cell, Alberto Yusi Lajud-Pena, was reportedly killed in the Dominican Republic late last month, prosecutors said. More investigations continue and other arrests have been made in other countries, but prosecutors did not have details.
An indictment unsealed Thursday accused Lajud-Pena and the other seven New York suspects of withdrawing $2.8 million in cash from hacked accounts in less than a day.
Such ATM fraud schemes are not uncommon, but the $45 million stolen in this one was at least double the amount involved in previously known cases, said Avivah Litan, an analyst who covers security issues for Gartner Inc.
Middle Eastern banks and payment processors are “a bit behind” on security and screening technologies that are supposed to prevent this kind of fraud, but it happens around the world, she said.
“It’s a really easy way to turn digits into cash,” Litan said.
Some of the fault lies with the ubiquitous magnetic strips on the back of the cards. The rest of the world has largely abandoned cards with magnetic strips in favor of ones with built-in chips that are nearly impossible to copy. But because U.S. banks and merchants have stuck to cards with magnetic strips, they are still accepted around the world.
Lynch would not say who masterminded the attacks globally, who the hackers are or where they were located, citing an ongoing investigation.
The New York suspects were U.S. citizens originally from the Dominican Republic, lived in the New York City suburb orf Yonkers and were mostly in their 20s. Lynch said they all knew one another and were recruited together, as were cells in other countries. They were charged with conspiracy and money laundering. If convicted, they face 10 years in prison.
Arrests began in March.
Lajud-Pena was found dead with a suitcase full of about $100,000 in cash, and the investigation into his death is continuing separately. Dominican officials said they arrested a man in the killing who said it was a botched robbery, and two other suspects were on the lam.
The first federal study of ATM fraud was 30 years ago, when the use of computers in the financial community was growing rapidly. At the time, the Bureau of Justice Statistics found nationwide ATM bank loss from fraud ranged from $70 and $100 million a year.
By 2008, that had risen to about $1 billion a year, said Ken Pickering, who works in security intelligence at CORE Security, a white-hat hacking firm that offers security to businesses.
He said he expects news of the latest ring to inspire other criminals.
“Once you see a large attack like this, that they made off with $45 million, that’s going to wake up the cybercrime community,” he said.
“Ripping off cash, you don’t get that back,” he said. “There are suitcases full of cash floating around now, and that’s just gone.”
I did not follow the case, so I will offer no opinion as to her guilt or innocence. I will trust the jury who heard the evidence. As I watched this earlier, I wondered what thoughts ran through her mind.
Adam Griffith, a 28-year-old Florida man, was jailed Sunday after he allegedly masturbated in front of a woman and her children, then tried to hit on her.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, a woman and her two children were walking out to their vehicle at the Anderson Snow Sports Complex when the woman noticed a man fondling himself in a car parked nearby.
The man, later identified as Griffith, was exposing his genitals in clear view of the children as he masturbated inside the car. The woman quickly got her children into the car and called 911.
Once the woman and children were inside their car, Griffith approached the woman with his genitals completely exposed and said “Damn girl, you’re fine. Do you have a man?”
Deputies arrived on the scene moments later and took Griffith into custody.
Griffith was booked into the Hernando County Jail and charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious indecent exposure. His bond has been set at $30,000.
Jarvis Sutton said he wanted three things Sunday: food, drink, and drugs. He asked the wrong people for help getting those items, though.
Police said Sutton, 34, of St. Petersburg, called 911 approximately 80 times on Sunday.
“The defendant admitted to calling 911 because he ‘wanted Kool-Aid, burgers and weed to be delivered to him,’ ” an officer wrote in an affidavit.
Sutton never got those things. Instead, he was booked into the Pinellas County Jail. On the way there, he started chewing foam attached to the metal caging in the back of the police cruiser, an officer wrote.
Sutton faces a charge of misusing the 911 system, and was in jail Tuesday in lieu of $150 bail.
A 55-year-old teacher at Seoul High School in South Korea has been jailed after he allegedly beat up a student, then immediately went into a hallway and masturbated in front of passing students.
According to the Seoul Department of Education, the teacher became irate when he noticed that a student was listening to music through a set of headphones during class.
The teacher, identified only as “Mr. A”, severely beat the student while other students fled the classroom.
“Mr. A” then reportedly chased students out into the hallway where he immediately dropped his pants and began masturbating. A student in the hallway captured video of the event on his cell phone and uploaded it to various social networking sites.
When questioned about the incident, “Mr A” reportedly denied masturbating and insisted that his pants fell down as he ran after the students. The teacher’s story fell flat when school administrators reviewed the video evidence as captured by the student’s cell phone.
The teacher has been removed from his teaching position, however formal charges have not yet been announced in the case.
The owner of a Bethel Park music store shot and killed an intruder who had attacked the owner’s wife inside their store late this morning.
Bethel Park police Chief John Mackey said Alfred Armen, owner of Armen’s House of Music at 5920 Library Road, jumped to his wife’s defense as she was being clubbed by a man who, just minutes earlier, had entered the store to browse.
The man stayed in the store for two or three minutes, went outside to his car, and came back in with some type of wooden club, Chief Mackey said.
He attacked Sylvia Armen, clubbing her on the head, and Mr. Armen came to her defense, the chief said.
The man then attacked him with the club, and Mr. Armen pulled a revolver and shot him dead, Chief Mackey said.
Allegheny County homicide detectives were assisting Bethel Park police with the investigation.
Chief Mackey said the Armens were being treated at UPMC Mercy Hospital for injuries they received in the attack.
The chief said robbery appeared not to be the motive in the attacks. He said he didn’t know whether the Armens knew the man, described only as white and in his early 30s.
The Allegheny County medical examiner’s office removed the body from the store about 4 p.m.
The store sells instruments and offers music lessons, according to its Facebook page.
Katrina Tisdale, a 47-year-old Florida woman, was jailed after she allegedly called 911 to get her drug money back after she realized that she had spent too much on marijuana and cocaine.
According to St. Petersburg Police, Tisdale called 911 to complain that she had spent too much money on marijuana and cocaine and needed an officer’s help to get her money returned.
Investigators say Tisdale receives government disability benefits and the $50 she spent on drugs left her short on other items she needed to purchase.
She was booked into the Pinellas County Jail and charged with misuse of 911.
According to court records, Tisdale has been jailed almost a dozen times for cocaine possession over the past 7 years.
In 2011, she was arrested on similar charges when she lost $40 during a cocaine purchase. She was then charged with false report of a crime after she threatened to claim that she had been raped if officers didn’t get her money back for her.
An off-duty US navy sailor wrestled a bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard yesterday.
Prosecutors said that she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs.
The woman, 28, was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day shopping.
The off-duty navy sailor was attacked at knife point as she returned to the port in Dubai (STOCK IMAGE)
She had been attempting to hail a taxi after visiting shopping centre, Mall of the Emirates and a supermarket when a bus pulled up next to her
After climbing aboard she became suspicious of the drivers route. She said: ‘I noticed he did not take the main road and when I asked him he told me not to worry.’
He then drove for a further 10 minutes before stopping in an area where other buses were parked and attempting to kiss her.
When she refused him he pulled the knife and threatened to rape her but she was able to subdue him.
Following the attack, which occurred on January 19 of this year, she left the bus and reported it to her commander at Port Khalid.
She had spent a day shopping at the massive shopping centre Mall of the Emirates in Dubai
The court heard that the woman quickly returned to Port Khalid to report the incident to her commander
The driver, named as K S, from Pakistan, was arrested the next day at his home and the attending police officer said that he was intoxicated at the time.
The court ordered that the 21-year-old be examined to establish his age after he did not produce a birth certificate.
He has been charged with attempted rape, threatening to kill, assault and consuming alcohol illegally.
Having confessed to the alcohol charge, the driver claims to have been too drunk to remember what happened.
Traces of the woman’s hair and blood were found on his bus.
The case was adjourned to May 1.