71 Illegal Aliens From Ebola Affected Countries Captured At U.S.-Mexican Border So Far

71 Illegals From Ebola Affected Countries Captured At US Border This Year – Gateway Pundit

.

.
At least seventy-one illegal immigrants from Ebola affected countries in West Africa were captured at the US southern border this year.

FOX News Latino reported:

With a number of prominent conservative politicians raising fears that the Ebola outbreak could spread to the U.S. via the country’s porous borders with Mexico and Canada, Customs and Border Protection and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sought to reassure a worried public that they are doing everything they can to monitor people entering the U.S. – whether legally or illegally – for the virus.

“CBP and the CDC have closely coordinated to develop policies, procedures, and protocols to identify travelers that are known by U.S. public health officials to have a communicable disease and to handle in a manner that minimizes risk to the public,” Jennifer Evanitsky, a spokeswoman for the CBP told Fox News Latino in an emailed statement.

The CBP’s statement comes after Republican senator and prospective GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul raised fears that infected individuals could enter the country through the U.S.-Mexico border, stoking more concern in states like Texas where Thomas Eric Duncan became the first American to bring the virus to the country.

The “border is not only a danger for national security purposes, it is also a danger for a worldwide pandemic should it occur,” Paul told talk show host Glenn Beck.

A CBP report published online earlier this week on Breitbart.com broke down where undocumented immigrants are coming from and, between January and July of this year, at least 71 people reportedly arrived from the three West African nations hit with the current Ebola outbreak.

This news should not be so surprising considering we now know even children can cross over into the United States from Mexico.

.
————————————————————————————————————————–
.

Related article:

.
Up To 34 Million Blank ‘Green Cards’ And Work Permits To Be Ordered Ahead Of Obama Illegal Immigrant ‘Amnesty’ – Daily Mail

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services plans to seek a vendor to produce as many as 34 million blank work permits and ‘green cards’ – the paperwork that authorizes illegal immigrants to live in the United States – as the White House prepares to issue an executive order after the Nov. 4 midterm elections.

According to a draft solicitation published online, the government agency will look for a company that can produce a minimum 4 million cards per year for five years, and 9 million in the early stages.

President Barack Obama has pledged that he will make a move on immigration reform this year. His original timetable called for a decision by the end of the summer.

Republicans have decried the plan as an ‘amnesty’ for millions of illegal immigrants, including hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied minors who have come across the U.S.-Mexico border this year.

A draft RFP – a Request For Proposal – is typically published in advance so government contractors can prepare to submit their bids when the final version is published.

The draft came complete with photos of what the finished cards will look like.

Breitbart.com first reported on the planned solicitation.

Obama’s high numbers of illegal immigration ‘removals’ – what used to be called ‘deportation’ – has earned him the nickname ‘deportation president,’ but most of those ejected border-crossers never get to the interior of the U.S.

Still, activists have protested his policies, including some who heckle his speeches. One yelled at him Sunday in the middle of a campaign stump speech supporting Democratic Maryland gubernatorial candidate Anthony Brown.

A USCIS official told MailOnline on Monday that the draft was published ‘in case the president makes the move we think he will,’ but added that the agency’s Document Management Division (DMD) is by no means committed to buying the materials.

A second official at the agency said the proposal was drafted as a contingency in case immigration reform legislation passes in Congress, not in anticipation of action from the White House.

Either way, the online draft explains that ‘DMD requires card consumables for the production of USCIS’ Permanent Resident Card (PRC) and Employment Authorization Document (EAD) cards.’

‘These cards and related consumables, when assembled, become highly specialized and secure identification documents.’

And a successful bid, the draft solicitation says, will be able to support a ‘potential “surge” in PRC and EAD card demand for up to 9M (9 million) cards during the initial period of performance to support possible future immigration reform initiative requirements.’

Former State Department foreign service officer Jessica Vaughan, now an immigration expert at the Center for Immigration Studies, told Breitbart that the RFP ‘seems to indicate that the president is contemplating an enormous executive action that is even more expansive than the plan that Congress rejected in the ‘Gang of Eight’ bill.’

That legislation, which passed in the U.S. Senate last year only to be stalled in the House of Representatives, was a broad reboot of American immigration policy that won support from a handful of Republicans.

In included a provision to provide a pathway to citizenship for so-called ‘dreamers’ – people living in the country illegally who were brought to Americans as children before June 15, 2007.

Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which he ultimately enacted without congressional support, uses the EAD cards as part of its implementation.

USCIS says it processed 862,000 EADs overall between January and June of this year.

But ‘the guaranteed minimum for each ordering period is 4,000,000 cards,’ according to the draft RFP.

‘The estimated maximum for the entire contract is 34,000,000 cards.’

The company that ultimately wins the contract will also be required to store the blank cards until the government needs them.

USCIS draft solicitation uploaded by MailOnline.

.

.

*VIDEO* Pat Condell: Boo Hoo Palestine


.

.

*VIDEO* Your Daley Gator Leftist Dumbass Statement Of The Week! – Featuring Barack Obama


.

.

Corruption Update: Obama Busted For Major Ebola Cover-Up

Obama Busted For Major Ebola Cover Up… Details Are Infuriating – Conservative Tribune

.

.
On Sept. 16, President Barack Obama assured the American people that the risk of an Ebola outbreak within the United States was “extremely low.” As subsequent events proved, he was wrong.

But an alarming new revelation from Israel’s Arutz Sheva proves that Obama was more than just wrong; he was dishonest.

The report says that a federal study by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency and the federal Models of Infectious Disease Agency released on Sept. 2 found a nearly 25 percent chance of the deadly hemorrhagic fever reaching America’s shores within three to six weeks, according to The Daily Caller.

Despite the reported “probability of Ebola virus disease case importation,” Obama lied to the American people, downplaying the threat.

“First and foremost, I want the American people to know that our experts, here at the CDC and across our government, agree that the chances of an Ebola outbreak here in the United States are extremely low,” Obama said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has also assured the nation on multiple occasions that the Ebola risk was low since the publication of the government-funded study.

As it turns out, even the official estimate was optimistic, as Thomas Eric Duncan arrived in Dallas only 18 days later.

We wish that we could be shocked by yet another revelation of incompetence, dishonesty, and blatant disregard for the safety of the American people from the Obama White House, but at this point, we’ve come to expect no less from this president.

Why would he lie? Because this president must downplay the threat of Ebola in order to continue with his number one policy agenda — open borders. An America concerned about Ebola is an America that will demand strict controls on who enters the country.

After the 2014 midterm elections, Congress should have a little more leeway to rein in the lawless and reckless actions of this president, who is clearly more concerned with enacting his own liberal policies than protecting the American people.

After all, chances of Democrats holding on to Senate control are “extremely low,” right Mr. President?

.

.

*VIDEO* Ben Shapiro: The Myth Of The Tiny Radical Muslim Minority


.

.

*VIDEO* Thousands of Chemical Weapons Found At Iraqi Base Now Held By ISIS


.

.

Thanks Barack… Third Person Diagnosed With Ebola In Texas

Second Health Care Worker In Texas Tests Positive For Ebola – The Blaze

A second health care worker tested positive for Ebola late Tuesday, the Texas Department of Health said in a statement early Wednesday morning.

The unidentified worker reported a fever late Tuesday and was immediately isolated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. The individual was among those who helped care for Thomas Eric Duncan, the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S.

.

.
Officials at a press conference Wednesday morning said this health worker ”preliminarily tested positive for Ebola.” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will conduct an additional test for absolute confirmation that the individual has the virus.

“Like Nina Pham, this is a heroic person, a person who has dedicated her life… to serving others,” Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said at the press conference, making a nod to the nurse diagnosed with Ebola Sunday after caring for Duncan. ” This is a person is dealing with this diagnosis with the grit and grace and determination like Nina has dealt with this diagnosis.”

Officials said that they have interviewed the health worker and identified others who she may have come into contact with while monitoring herself for any symptoms. Early Wednesday morning as people were waking up, officials were at the apartment building where this nurse lived, knocking on doors to alert them to the situation. This woman lived alone and did not have any pets, officials said.

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the press conference that “phase one” of decontamination of any common areas and areas outside the apartment have already taken place. He added that he expected “phase two” – the internal cleaning of her apartment and car – to be complete by this afternoon.

With this second infected health care worker and 75 others who had cared for Duncan still being monitored, Rawlings warned that “it may get worse before it gets better.”

“I think there are two things that I hearken back to this: The only way that we were going to beat this is person by person, moment by moment, detail by detail,” he said. “The second is we want to minimize rumors and maximize facts. We want to deal with facts, not fear.”

On Sunday, officials announced that Pham was diagnosed with Ebola, though it was unclear exactly how she contracted the virus. Officials said on Tuesday that she was in good condition.

When asked about this issue of how health care workers were exposed to the virus when taking precautions with protective gear and other procedures, Dr. Daniel Varga with Texas Health Presbyterian said they are “looking at every element” that could have led to these new infections.

“I don’t think we have a systematic institutional problem,” Varga said. “We’re looking at every element of our personal protective equipment and infection control inside the hospital. We don’t have an answer for this right now but we’re looking at every possible element.”

However, the fact that this second person was in isolation within 90 minutes of taking her temperature and seeing she had a fever is “continued evidence that our monitoring program is working,” Varga said.

Judge Jenkins added more about this monitoring program later in the news conference.

“What this case further illustrates… is Ebola comes from [contact with] body fluids of a symptomatic Ebola victim. That’s how [two health care workers] contracted the disease and that’s how Eric Duncan contracted the disease,” he said.

While Jenkins said that they are not going to set up “protective orders” for the 75 other health care workers being monitored, they are setting up a place where “if they want to be away from their families, they can choose to do so.”

The 48 other people that Duncan had contact with who were not health care workers are nearing the end of the 21-day monitoring program and are asymptomatic, according to health officials.

.

.