Dr. Milton Wolf has a problem with a member of his family: He says his second cousin, Barack Obama, may just be “the worst president in history.”
Now the doctor is on a mission to win a seat in the U.S. Senate and undo some of the damage caused by his kin.
His goal? Repeal Obama’s signature legislation, Obamacare, and replace it with a system based on conservative principles.
Wolf, 42, is a diagnostic radiologist who runs to the right of incumbent Republican Sen. Pat Roberts in the Kansas GOP primary. He admits he didn’t know he was related to Obama until 2008 and didn’t meet him until they were health-care policy adversaries in 2010. Wolf said being related to a president would be a great experience if Obama weren’t so far left in his ideology.
“Of course, who wouldn’t be honored to have a president in your family and sit on the front row of history? We’re related,” he said. “Of course, I remind people you cannot choose your family. Barack Obama is the worst president in our lifetimes, if not in our history. He has been a disaster. It’s nothing personal, but his policies have been disastrous in America.
“It’s mostly because he either doesn’t understand or has forgotten what America is all about. The American idea itself is about individual liberty, limited government and free-market values,” he said. “When we have embraced those, we have become the most prosperous and powerful nation in history. And when we abandon those, we suffer. We have suffered under Barack Obama.”
Wolf is making no secret he would be a fierce opponent of President Obama in Washington. The home page of his campaign website reads, “Want to drive Barack Obama crazy? Send his very own fearless conservative cousin – ‘the next Ted Cruz’ – to the United States Senate!”
Wolf says he touts himself as the next Ted Cruz because he believes the freshman Texas senator is approaching his office the right way while Sen. Roberts is not.
“We need more senators like Ted Cruz, like Mike Lee, like Rand Paul. They stand by the Constitution fearlessly, unapologetically. They don’t need an election year conversion because they’re the real deal,” Wolf said.
“Pat Roberts, in an amazing election-year conversion, is following the leadership of Ted Cruz, who’s only been there for one year,” he said. “That’s because Ted Cruz understands something that Pat Roberts has never quite figured out – that a United States senator should have something more powerful than just a vote. He should have a voice, and he should use that voice. He should stand up and fight for our Constitution and for the American idea itself.
Wolf continued, “Instead, what we have in our establishment Republicans are these go-along-to-get-along Republicans. Pat Roberts voted for Barack Obama’s $600 million tax increase just a year ago. He’s voted to raise our debt ceiling 11 times. And Pat Roberts voted to put Kathleen Sebelius in charge of Obamacare. That’s not conservative. It’s not good for Kansas, and it’s not good for America.”
Defenders of Roberts counter Wolf’s arguments by asserting Roberts spent many years of his Senate tenure in key intelligence committee positions that were not conducive to bold public statements. They also note he was one of only 18 Republicans to oppose the spending bill that ended last year’s partial government shutdown and that he was the first U.S. senator to publicly call for the resignation of Sebelius.
“He only bothered to say Kathleen Sebelius should resign three days after I announced my candidacy. The Kansas City Star reported on it and said, ‘If you think those two facts are unrelated, you probably think the Kansas Jayhawks are going to win the national championship this year in football,’” said Wolf, who added that voters need to take a close look at Roberts’ voting record throughout his Senate tenure and not just leading up to elections.
“He claims to be in the top five conservatives in the Senate. That’s according to Heritage Action. What he doesn’t want you to know is his lifetime score from Heritage Action, which is a 67. Before I came along, in 2012 Pat Roberts had a 65 from Heritage Action. Before I came along, in 2012 Pat Roberts had a 55 from Club for Growth and a 54 from FreedomWorks. That is not a conservative. That is somebody who is going along to get along, and that’s been the problem with our Republican Party,” he said.
So what qualifies Wolf for the Senate, and what would his priorities be if elected?
“I confess I don’t have the Washington experience Pat Roberts has. I’ve never voted to raise your taxes,” he said. “I’ve never spent trillions of dollars that aren’t mine, and I’ve never paid $800 for a toilet seat. But what I have done is this: I have met payroll. I have balanced budgets. I have run a company and, far more importantly, I know every day what it’s like to have patients come to me and put their lives in my hands and ask me to make the humbling, sometimes gut-wrenching decisions that are the difference between life and death. That’s the kind of humility I think Washington lacks.”
His top legislative priority is PatientCare, his plan to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a system based on conservative principles.
“We need to fully repeal Obamacare, and we need to replace it with patient-centered, free-market health-care reform that’s being described as, by far, the best alternative to Obamacare,” he said.
Wolf is not only running against a three-term incumbent, but the state’s other senator, Jerry Moran, runs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, or NRSC. That’s the group tasked with re-electing Republican senators and recruiting candidates to run for Democrat-held seats.
Wolf said Kansas is in no danger of falling to the Democrats, so the NRSC should stay out of the primary. He says if it doesn’t, it will show the group is not about electing conservatives but simply protecting incumbents.
Below is Democrat President Grover Cleveland’s Second Inaugural Address dated Sunday, March 4, 1893.
Its themes are timeless, and the speech is representative of a man who was perhaps the last principled classical liberal to ever occupy the Oval Office.
All emphasis is ours.
In obedience of the mandate of my countrymen I am about to dedicate myself to their service under the sanction of a solemn oath. Deeply moved by the expression of confidence and personal attachment which has called me to this service, I am sure my gratitude can make no better return than the pledge I now give before God and these witnesses of unreserved and complete devotion to the interests and welfare of those who have honored me.
I deem it fitting on this occasion, while indicating the opinion I hold concerning public questions of present importance, to also briefly refer to the existence of certain conditions and tendencies among our people which seem to menace the integrity and usefulness of their Government.
While every American citizen must contemplate with the utmost pride and enthusiasm the growth and expansion of our country, the sufficiency of our institutions to stand against the rudest shocks of violence, the wonderful thrift and enterprise of our people, and the demonstrated superiority of our free government, it behooves us to constantly watch for every symptom of insidious infirmity that threatens our national vigor.
The strong man who in the confidence of sturdy health courts the sternest activities of life and rejoices in the hardihood of constant labor may still have lurking near his vitals the unheeded disease that dooms him to sudden collapse.
It can not be doubted that our stupendous achievements as a people and our country’s robust strength have given rise to heedlessness of those laws governing our national health which we can no more evade than human life can escape the laws of God and nature.
Manifestly nothing is more vital to our supremacy as a nation and to the beneficent purposes of our Government than a sound and stable currency. Its exposure to degradation should at once arouse to activity the most enlightened statesmanship, and the danger of depreciation in the purchasing power of the wages paid to toil should furnish the strongest incentive to prompt and conservative precaution.
In dealing with our present embarrassing situation as related to this subject we will be wise if we temper our confidence and faith in our national strength and resources with the frank concession that even these will not permit us to defy with impunity the inexorable laws of finance and trade. At the same time, in our efforts to adjust differences of opinion we should be free from intolerance or passion, and our judgments should be unmoved by alluring phrases and unvexed by selfish interests.
I am confident that such an approach to the subject will result in prudent and effective remedial legislation. In the meantime, so far as the executive branch of the Government can intervene, none of the powers with which it is invested will be withheld when their exercise is deemed necessary to maintain our national credit or avert financial disaster.
Closely related to the exaggerated confidence in our country’s greatness which tends to a disregard of the rules of national safety, another danger confronts us not less serious. I refer to the prevalence of a popular disposition to expect from the operation of the Government especial and direct individual advantages.
The verdict of our voters which condemned the injustice of maintaining protection for protection’s sake enjoins upon the people’s servants the duty of exposing and destroying the brood of kindred evils which are the unwholesome progeny of paternalism. This is the bane of republican institutions and the constant peril of our government by the people. It degrades to the purposes of wily craft the plan of rule our fathers established and bequeathed to us as an object of our love and veneration. It perverts the patriotic sentiments of our countrymen and tempts them to pitiful calculation of the sordid gain to be derived from their Government’s maintenance. It undermines the self-reliance of our people and substitutes in its place dependence upon governmental favoritism. It stifles the spirit of true Americanism and stupefies every ennobling trait of American citizenship.
The lessons of paternalism ought to be unlearned and the better lesson taught that while the people should patriotically and cheerfully support their Government its functions do not include the support of the people.
The acceptance of this principle leads to a refusal of bounties and subsidies, which burden the labor and thrift of a portion of our citizens to aid ill-advised or languishing enterprises in which they have no concern. It leads also to a challenge of wild and reckless pension expenditure, which overleaps the bounds of grateful recognition of patriotic service and prostitutes to vicious uses the people’s prompt and generous impulse to aid those disabled in their country’s defense.
Every thoughtful American must realize the importance of checking at its beginning any tendency in public or private station to regard frugality and economy as virtues which we may safely outgrow. The toleration of this idea results in the waste of the people’s money by their chosen servants and encourages prodigality and extravagance in the home life of our countrymen.
Under our scheme of government the waste of public money is a crime against the citizen, and the contempt of our people for economy and frugality in their personal affairs deplorably saps the strength and sturdiness of our national character.
It is a plain dictate of honesty and good government that public expenditures should be limited by public necessity, and that this should be measured by the rules of strict economy; and it is equally clear that frugality among the people is the best guaranty of a contented and strong support of free institutions.
One mode of the misappropriation of public funds is avoided when appointments to office, instead of being the rewards of partisan activity, are awarded to those whose efficiency promises a fair return of work for the compensation paid to them. To secure the fitness and competency of appointees to office and remove from political action the demoralizing madness for spoils, civil- service reform has found a place in our public policy and laws. The benefits already gained through this instrumentality and the further usefulness it promises entitle it to the hearty support and encouragement of all who desire to see our public service well performed or who hope for the elevation of political sentiment and the purification of political methods.
The existence of immense aggregations of kindred enterprises and combinations of business interests formed for the purpose of limiting production and fixing prices is inconsistent with the fair field which ought to be open to every independent activity. Legitimate strife in business should not be superseded by an enforced concession to the demands of combinations that have the power to destroy, nor should the people to be served lose the benefit of cheapness which usually results from wholesome competition. These aggregations and combinations frequently constitute conspiracies against the interests of the people, and in all their phases they are unnatural and opposed to our American sense of fairness. To the extent that they can be reached and restrained by Federal power the General Government should relieve our citizens from their interference and exactions.
Loyalty to the principles upon which our Government rests positively demands that the equality before the law which it guarantees to every citizen should be justly and in good faith conceded in all parts of the land. The enjoyment of this right follows the badge of citizenship wherever found, and, unimpaired by race or color, it appeals for recognition to American manliness and fairness.
Our relations with the Indians located within our border impose upon us responsibilities we can not escape. Humanity and consistency require us to treat them with forbearance and in our dealings with them to honestly and considerately regard their rights and interests. Every effort should be made to lead them, through the paths of civilization and education, to self- supporting and independent citizenship. In the meantime, as the nation’s wards, they should be promptly defended against the cupidity of designing men and shielded from every influence or temptation that retards their advancement.
The people of the United States have decreed that on this day the control of their Government in its legislative and executive branches shall be given to a political party pledged in the most positive terms to the accomplishment of tariff reform. They have thus determined in favor of a more just and equitable system of Federal taxation. The agents they have chosen to carry out their purposes are bound by their promises not less than by the command of their masters to devote themselves unremittingly to this service.
While there should be no surrender of principle, our task must be undertaken wisely and without heedless vindictiveness. Our mission is not punishment, but the rectification of wrong. If in lifting burdens from the daily life of our people we reduce inordinate and unequal advantages too long enjoyed, this is but a necessary incident of our return to right and justice. If we exact from unwilling minds acquiescence in the theory of an honest distribution of the fund of the governmental beneficence treasured up for all, we but insist upon a principle which underlies our free institutions. When we tear aside the delusions and misconceptions which have blinded our countrymen to their condition under vicious tariff laws, we but show them how far they have been led away from the paths of contentment and prosperity. When we proclaim that the necessity for revenue to support the Government furnishes the only justification for taxing the people, we announce a truth so plain that its denial would seem to indicate the extent to which judgment may be influenced by familiarity with perversions of the taxing power. And when we seek to reinstate the self-confidence and business enterprise of our citizens by discrediting an abject dependence upon governmental favor, we strive to stimulate those elements of American character which support the hope of American achievement.
Anxiety for the redemption of the pledges which my party has made and solicitude for the complete justification of the trust the people have reposed in us constrain me to remind those with whom I am to cooperate that we can succeed in doing the work which has been especially set before us only by the most sincere, harmonious, and disinterested effort. Even if insuperable obstacles and opposition prevent the consummation of our task, we shall hardly be excused; and if failure can be traced to our fault or neglect we may be sure the people will hold us to a swift and exacting accountability.
The oath I now take to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States not only impressively defines the great responsibility I assume, but suggests obedience to constitutional commands as the rule by which my official conduct must be guided. I shall to the best of my ability and within my sphere of duty preserve the Constitution by loyally protecting every grant of Federal power it contains, by defending all its restraints when attacked by impatience and restlessness, and by enforcing its limitations and reservations in favor of the States and the people.
Fully impressed with the gravity of the duties that confront me and mindful of my weakness, I should be appalled if it were my lot to bear unaided the responsibilities which await me. I am, however, saved from discouragement when I remember that I shall have the support and the counsel and cooperation of wise and patriotic men who will stand at my side in Cabinet places or will represent the people in their legislative halls.
I find also much comfort in remembering that my countrymen are just and generous and in the assurance that they will not condemn those who by sincere devotion to their service deserve their forbearance and approval.
Above all, I know there is a Supreme Being who rules the affairs of men and whose goodness and mercy have always followed the American people, and I know He will not turn from us now if we humbly and reverently seek His powerful aid.
H/T Minority Report
In less than 24 hours, the three networks have devoted 17 times more coverage to a traffic scandal involving Chris Christie than they’ve allowed in the last six months to Barack Obama’s Internal Revenue Service controversy. Since the story broke on Wednesday that aides to the New Jersey governor punished a local mayor’s lack of endorsement with a massive traffic jam, ABC, CBS and NBC have responded with 34 minutes and 28 seconds of coverage. Since July 1, these same networks managed a scant two minutes and eight seconds for the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups.
In contrast, journalists such as Good Morning America’s George Stephanopoulos pounced on the developing Christie story. The GMA host opened the program on Thursday by announcing, “Chris Christie in crisis. Calls at this hour for the feds to step in, investigate the explosive e-mails.” [See a video montage below. MP3 audio here.]
Stephanopoulos later wondered, “One of the big questions right now, how much has it hampered his White House prospects?” Guest Matt Dowd insisted that, on a scale from one to ten, the controversy was already at a “four or five.”
On the CBS Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley sounded a similar alarm: “Tonight, a potential presidential candidate caught up in scandal. E-mails show massive New Jersey traffic jams were engineered by aides to Governor Chris Christie as political payback.”
NBC Nightly News host Brian Williams immediately spun the story as a political pitfall for the possible presidential contender: “In a jam. A big problem for a man with big ambitions. Tonight, how a traffic nightmare on the world’s busiest bridge has spilled into a full blown scandal with the power to damage Chris Christie’s political future.”
Since Wednesday night, NBC included six reports over 14 minutes and 14 seconds. CBS devoted five reports over 12 minutes and 27 seconds. ABC managed 4 stories over seven minutes and 47 seconds.
As a comparison over the last six months, NBC featured a scant five seconds on updating the IRS story. CBS responded with a minute and 41 seconds. ABC produced a meager 22 seconds.
Although the media downplayed the IRS controversy from July through December (it first broke in May), it’s not as though there wasn’t much happening. As the Media Research Center documented, many potential story leads developed.
In December, House investigator Darrell Issa announced that the FBI and IRS chief counsel is stonewalling the investigation. In October, newly obtained e-mails showed that the scandal-plagued Lois Lerner, the woman at the center of the controversy, illegally gave Tea Party tax info to the FEC. That same month, it came out that an IRS official may have given confidential information to the White House.
These stories were buried by ABC, CBS and NBC, the same networks that have immediately deluged Republican Chris Christie, a 2016 contender, with coverage for his scandal.
If you have never heard of Joy Reid, you are not alone, she appears on MSNBS, which has some ratings issues mainly because it is a Left wing network that hires Left wing nuts like, well, Joy Reid. The Right Scoop has a video of Reid, pretending to be both snarky and funny
I love that Reid is angry that Robertson did not see abuse of Blacks where he grew up. How the Hell does this moron know what Robertson saw in those days? She doesn’t. But, Robertson is not allowed to give his testimony about life in Louisiana in the 1950′s. NO! He must say that he witnessed horrible things, even if he did not. He dared challenge the narrative, and that is not allowed. With the Left it is all about narratives, and that includes history.
Does Polygamy, Underage Sex Slavery, and Wife-Beating Constitute a War on Women?
Regular readers to our site are well aware of the multiple claims against Malik Obama, half-brother of President Barack Obama. Lost in these shocking discoveries, however, has been Malik’s preference for multiple wives. At least one of these wives was both purchased and underage. In light of the overwhelming evidence that Malik works for the Government of Sudan and Omar al-Bashir, a State Sponsor of Terrorism and international criminal respectively; he received illegal and preferential treatment from the IRS via Lois Lerner; and he is wanted for questioning by the government of Egypt, we thought it relevant to draw your attention to another sordid aspect to Malik’s activities.
One in-law (Mary) tells how Malik seduced her underage daughter Sheila:
“He made a secret plan to take her away and gave her 3,000 shillings [about £24] to get her to marry him.”
Sheila Anyango, 35 years younger than Malik also reported by Andrew Malon of the Daily Mail by Sheila Anyango herself:
“Sheila Anyango, 35 years younger than her husband, told me this week that marrying him was the ‘worst decision’ of her life – and confirmed that they had ‘kept a secret’ since she was 17.”
Another one of Malik’s “wives” managed to escape from him:
“Hafsa Abwanda, now 33, also married the politician as a teenager, but escaped in 2008 after five years of marriage.”
Several members of the family testify that Malik has at least twelve wives in total and continually lures young, underage girls, which even based on Kenyan standards, is illegal. Malik’s own confession about how he had the mother and brother of Sheila sign away the girl can be seen on video:
In addition to marrying girls who are underage, Malik allegedly has several wives. Hafsa Abwanda, Malik’s wife, stated that…
“…she saw at least 12 come and go over the years. With Islam allowing only four wives, former wives and friends say Malik flouts this limitation by ‘rotating’ his spouses out to other properties so he lives with only the maximum number at any one time.”
Here is a video report featuring Hafsa Abwanda, who also claims that Malik has an affinity for wife-beating:
Of course, wife-beating is encouraged by Malik’s grandmother, Mama Sarah Obama, who – according to the U.K. Guardian – said the following:
“The wives that are disobedient, they should be beaten.”
As the Obama administration incessantly accuses Republicans of waging a ‘War on Women’, it is the President’s brother Malik who appears to be far more deserving of the label. Yet, Republican leadership refuses to confront all of this criminal activity. At least on Republican Congressman – Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) – has known about the real charges against Malik for several months (audio below from August 29, 2013).
If Republicans are waging a war on women, it’s by omission, as there has been nothing but inaction from Congress when it comes to the alleged crimes against Malik Obama.
This news from the Washington Post doesn’t come as any surprise. The White House delayed much of President Obama’s agenda until after the 2012 election. Heaven forbid they let the voters know what was really in store for them.
The White House systematically delayed enacting a series of rules on the environment, worker safety and health care to prevent them from becoming points of contention before the 2012 election, according to documents and interviews with current and former administration officials.
Some agency officials were instructed to hold off submitting proposals to the White House for up to a year to ensure that they would not be issued before voters went to the polls, the current and former officials said.
The delays meant that rules were postponed or never issued. The stalled regulations included crucial elements of the Affordable Care Act, what bodies of water deserved federal protection, pollution controls for industrial boilers and limits on dangerous silica exposure in the workplace.
What type of government hides its agenda from the people? Another question for Democrats, why are you still supporting this president?
I do not know Jim Hoft, of Gateway Pundit, but, I have always been a fan of his passion and his work, so now that he is having his health insurance cancelled, Thanks to Obamacare. I feel for him, especially since his recent health issues.
The Blaze reported:
Well-known conservative blogger Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit suffered terrifying health issues roughly three months ago.
“I became very sick with what I thought was a cold,” he wrote in a candid post earlier this week. “After a few days I lost vision in my left eye and I checked into the hospital. I soon found out that what I thought was a summer cold was actually Strep bacteria poisoning my blood stream. The bacteria blinded my left eye, ate a hole through my heart, caused five strokes on both sides of my brain and forced the removal of my prosthetic left knee.”
Hoft appeared on the Glenn Beck Program Friday with guest host Dana Loesch, explaining how he has now become one of the millions (so far) to lose their health insurance in the aftermath of the Affordable Care Act.
“I get this notification that I’m going to lose my insurance,” he said. “This insurance that I bought, that I purchased, and I was paying a good premium, (and) covered most everything.”
Hoft, who is still in a wheelchair, said he has a number of “major surgeries” in the near future and was “very pleased” with his insurance of choice.
“So to get this news on top of my recovery, on top of trying to make a living, has been obviously a very difficult thing to take on at this time,” he said, the emotion clear in his voice.
Hoft has written about Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ assertion that people who have lost their insurance are “thrilled” with the options they have available to them, and on Friday he repeated his message that she can “go to hell” because that is “absolutely not true.”
Ah the wonders of Socialism, taking from those that have insurance, and are happy with it, in the name of helping those that cannot afford insurance attain insurance. Does that make sense to anyone, on any level? Now Jim has to put up with hateful attacks like this one
Leftists don’t like it when you speak out against their heartless, failed socialism.
This came in the email from Dan Brown in Bluefield, WV
“Pundit dies slowly and in great pain- 200 million Americans celebrate”
Then there is Charles Johnson, who apparently takes joy in deriding a sick man who has
lost had his health insurance taken away. RS McCain alerts us to the latest from miscreant Charles Johnson
Jim Hoft is one of millions who are losing their insurance because of ObamaCare’s centralized regulatory scheme. By substituting government mandates for the risk-based business decisions of insurers, ObamaCare effectively abolishes certain insurance plans and in other cases — including Jim Hoft’s — drives insurers out of certain markets.
These problems were entirely predictable and were, in fact, predicted by opponents of ObamaCare, but the media never questioned Obama’s repeated promise, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” — nowrecognized as The Lie of the Year.
For some reason I’ve never understood, Jim Hoft has always been hated by Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs, one of whose ignorant minions posted this despicable hatefulness:
This is as dishonest as it is cruel — “thanks to ObamaCare,” my ass!
What these deluded fools would have you believe, basically, is that there was no such thing as “decent” health care in America until Obama and Democrats invented it. According to these idiots, cancellations caused by ObamaCare are actually good news, because hey, the government will force other companies to issue you a policy. But this isn’t the same as, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” is it?
No, it’s not. As Jim says, he had “excellent” insurance that gave him access to the best treatment. Jim paid extra for that plan, because it was the plan he wanted, and the regulatory mandates of ObamaCare have nowtaken Jim Hoft’s plan away from him.
What a lousy excuse for a human being Charles Johnson is. Stomping on someone who is sick, and who is a victim of the stupidity of the central planners who are behind ObamaCare. Like I said, I do not know Jim, but if Charles Johnson had said that in front of me, well, it would have taken all my restraint not to deck the goofy weasel bastard!
UPDATE! Obviously I should note that Charles Johnson did not make that attack on Hoft. Yet I see that CJ allows this post to stand? So again, My apologies to Charles Johnson, HE did NOT make that comment, but he has allowed it to stay on his sight. Yes, I should have checked the post myself, so my mistake is no one’s fault but mine. But, had anyone posted such a nasty post on this blog, not only would that post be gone, but so would their posting privileges.
Indeed, the same was said by MSNBC host Ed Schultz on Wednesday who revealed that Democratic members of Congress are approaching him for messaging tips. His unqualified recommendation: Democratic members should be shouting from the hilltops, “It works!”
“That’s all you have to say: it works,” Schultz declared. “And it’s only going to get better.”
Ed also thinks the Titanic was a very successful cruise ship, and that the Chicago Cubs are the winningest franchise in sports.
Not so much apparently. The Other McCain has some painful details
If there is one sentence which should be indelibly etched in your mind about President Obama’s bailout of General Motors, it is this:
In other words, the folks who had loaned GM money got screwed over, and the benefit went directly to Obama’s friends in Big Labor, who had done so much to destroy the company’s profitability. Delivering effective control of the company to the UAW — anybody want to guess how that deal worked out at contract negotiation time?
It makes perfect sense: Screw over the bondholders, put the UAW in charge of the company and then have the UAW negotiate with itself!
While you’re contemplating that psychotic madness, now let’s take a look at the bottom line for U.S. taxpayers:
DETROIT — The U.S. government ended up losing $10.5 billion on the General Motors bailout, but it says the alternative would have been far worse.
The Treasury Department sold its final shares of the Detroit auto giant Monday, recovering $39 billion of the $49.5 billion it spent to save the dying automaker at the height of the financial crisis five years ago.
Without the bailout, the country would have lost more than 1 million jobs, and the economy could have slipped from recession into a depression, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said on a conference call with reporters.
Well, if Jacob Lew says the alternative was worse than losing $10.5 billion of taxpayer money, who are we to disagree? Because the effects of hypothesized alternative scenarios are always subject to speculation, officials can justify any policy by declaring that things would have been worse if we had done something different. (Let’s keep this principle of Liberal Logic™ in mind: Next time some hippie peacenik tells you that Bush’s Iraq policy was a failure, just remind him that an imaginary hypothetical alternative — e.g., Saddam Hussein’s army invading Connecticut — would have been much worse.)
Ah, yes, President Obama, the transparent president. transparent as in we can see right through him, and anyone that can’t, well they are employed by, or are watching MSNBS. Think about this the next time a Democrat, pretty much any Democrat will do, tells you we must raise taxes on the rich. What they are really saying is we must have higher taxes so that Obama can grease the palms of his union buddies.
Or words to that affect from The Lonely Conservative
Under President Obama’s leadership does the US have staunch allies anymore? I can’t think of any. He not only didn’t bother attending the funeral of the Iron Lady, he didn’t even send an official from his administration. But what do you expect when one of the first things he did as president was to return the bust of Winston Churchill to the British?
The left had no problem trashing Thatcher when she passed, but pointing out the factual record of Nelson Mandela is racist. Pointing out how he was a terrorist? Racist. Pointing out how South Africa is now the murder capital of the world? Racist. Pointing out that blacks in South Africa are plagued with AIDS? Racist. Pointing out how Mandela was a proud supporter of Fidel Castro, who had no problem imprisoning gays and blacks? Racist. Pointing out how being white in South Africa could lead to one’s rape or murder? Racist. Pointing out how being black in South Africa could lead to one’s rape or murder? Racist. Pointing out how being a child in South Africa can lead to one’s rape or murder? Racist. Thou shall not speak ill of Saint Nelson of the Blessed Necklace!
It is a great post that sums up the Leftist hypocrites perfectly. Go read it all!
LAW AND JUSTICE
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
• First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as pro-Catholic and pro-Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
• First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)
• First President to Personally Lobby Senators to Violate Senate Rules and Destroy the Filibuster Through “The Nuclear Option” to Consolidate More Executive Power (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to create his own propaganda news network and “bypass journalists… [having] developed [his] own network of websites, social media and even created an online newscast to dispense favorable information and images” (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Barricade Open-Air Government Monuments During a Partial Government Shutdown (Source: Rep. Steve Stockman)
• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Issue Unlawful “Recess-Appointments” Over a Long Weekend – While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session (against the advice of his own Justice Department – Source: United States Court of Appeals)
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions” (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
• First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act – Source: ABC News)
• First President to Increase Surveillance of American Citizen Under the Patriot Act by 1,000 Percent in Four Years (Source: NBC News)
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund – Source: Fox News)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present” (Source: The New York Times)
• First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentalities of government to punish those on the list – Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Attempt to Block Legally-Required 60-Day Layoff Notices by Government Contractors Due to His Own Cuts to Defense Spending – Because The Notices Would Occur Before the Election. (Source: National Journal)
• First President to Intentionally Disable Credit Card Security Measures (in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures – Source: Power Line)
• First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute. (Source: Washington Examiner)
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a “Racial Justice System”, a system that tries to achieve “racially equivalent outcomes” for crimes (Source: Daily Caller)
• First President to Leak Confidential IRS Tax Records to Groups Aligned Politically With Him for Partisan Advantage (Source: The Hill Newspaper)
• First President to Use the EPA to Punish Political Enemies and Reward Political Allies (Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute)
• First President to Send Millions in Taxpayer Dollars to His Wife’s Former Employer (Source: White House Dossier)
• First President to Openly Use the Department of Justice to Intimidate Political Opponents and Threaten Companies to Donate to His Campaign (Source: Peter Schweizer, Extortion)
• First President to Direct His Census Dept. to Make Up Favorable Employment Data In Run-Up to His Reelection Campaign (Source: New York Post)
• First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Terrorist Group, the Weather Underground (Source: National Review)
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government (Source: Reuters)
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat (Source: Christian Science Monitor)
• First President to Move America Past the Dependency Tipping Point, In Which 51% of Households Now Pay No Income Taxes (Source: Center for Individual Freedom)
• First President to Increase Food Stamp Spending By More Than 100% in Less Than Four Years (Source: Sen. Jeff Sessions)
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs – and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs (Source: President Obama during an early meeting of his ‘Jobs Council’)
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases (Source: The Hill)
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Propose Budgets So Unreasonable That Not a Single Representative From Either Party Would Cast a Vote in Favor (Sources: The Hill, Open Market)
• First President Whose Economic Policies Have the Number of Americans on Disability Exceed the Population of New York (Source: CNS News)
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Sue States For Enforcing Immigration Laws Passed by Congress (Source: The Arizona Republic newspaper)
• First President to See America Lose Its Status as the World’s Largest Economy (Source: Peterson Institute)
• First President to redistribute $26.5 billion of the taxpayers’ funds to his union supporters in the UAW (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler (Source: Detroit News)
• First President to Run a Record 5 Straight Years of Deficits for the Disability Trust Fund (Source: CNS)
• First President to Attempt to Bully a Major Manufacturing Company Into Not Opening a Factory in a Right-to-Work State (Boeing’s facility in South Carolina – Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Endanger the Stability of the Electric Grid by Shutting Down Hundreds of Coal-Fired Plants Without Adequate Replacement Technologies (Source: National Electric Reliability Corporation – PDF)
• First President to Have His EPA Repudiated by a Federal Judge for “Overstepping Its Powers” When They Attempted to Shut Down Coal Operations in Appalachia (Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (Source: Politico)
NATIONAL SECURITY AND WORLD AFFAIRS
• First President to Lie Repeatedly to the American People About the Murder of a U.S. Ambassador and Three Other Diplomatic Personnel for Purely Political Reasons, Rewriting a “Talking Points” Memo No Fewer Than a Dozen Times to Avoid Referencing a Pre-Planned Terror Attack (Source: ABC News)
• First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government (Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner)
• First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign (Source: Judicial Watch)
• First President to Renounce the Monroe Doctrine of National Security in the Western Hemisphere (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First Nobel Peace Prize Winner to State “I’m Really Good At Killing People” (Regarding His Drone Strikes) (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Snub the Vatican by Closing U.S. Embassy (Source: Washington Times, “Obama’s call to close Vatican embassy is ‘slap in the face’ to Roman Catholics”)
• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space (Sources: USA Today, ABC News)
• First President to press for a “treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue” (The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians (Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK])
• First President to Insert Himself into White House Biographies of Past Presidents (Source: The New York Times).
• First President to Complete 150 Rounds of Golf in Less Than Five Years in Office (Source: Yahoo! News)
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.
Via Daily Caller:
Left-wing journalist Jeremy Scahill appeared on the syndicated show “Democracy Now!” this Thursday to discuss the global “war on journalism,” claiming that “this White House seems to only want state media.”
Scahill spoke with left-leaning hosts Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez about the global suppression of reporters in places far-flung such as Somalia and Mexico.
But although he was responding to the British government’s crackdown on The Guardian newspaper, Scahill reserved special ire for the Obama administration’s aggressive actions against reporters and the First Amendment.
“You have, on the one hand, President Obama saying that his administration is going to be the most transparent in history and that they want to be friends with the press,” he said. “And on the other hand, they are monitoring the metadata of journalists, they are seizing phone records, they are trying to compel journalists to testify against their sources, they are trying to figure out who journalists are talking to within government so that they can go and indict those people.” [...]
“Our profession, our trade is the only one specifically cited in the Constitution for a reason,” he said. “When all three branches of the government are colluding against the interests of the people, it’s the responsibility of journalists to hold them accountable. But this White House, like Bush’s before, they seem to want only state media. They want everything to look like MSNBC, and that’s not real journalism.”
Well, of course, Scahill had to take a shot at the Bush administration, but at least some on the Left are starting to open their eyes. The question is will they still side with Obama in the next two elections? Will there ever be a serious push by journalists to be well, journalists rather than water carriers for Team Obama? I never wanted the media to be “anti-Obama” I just want the media to be pro-reporting! Tell the truth!
The Department of Health and Human Services has crowned a YouTube video entitled “Forget About The Price Tag” as the grand prize winner in a contest meant to encourage young people to sign up for Obamacare.
The video contest, announced in August — in partnership with a group called Young Invincibles — encouraged participants to produce clips filled with pro-Obamacare messaging.
Without a hint of irony, McDonald sings her chorus: “Ain’t about the, uh, cha-ching cha-ching. Ain’t about the, yeah, bla-bling bla-bling. Affordable Care Act. Don’t worry ’bout the price tag.”
Ah goodness, talk about transparency, this video shows, clearly, why no one with an IQ above 65 would support ObamaCare. The fool who did this video ignores the reality of the consequences associated with ObamaCare. Millions of people who had health insurance, insurance they liked are being forced OFF those plans. And now face paying far more for plans they either do not like, or with much higher deductibles. The irony here is that the bill this buffoon celebrates forces people to do the very thing her song urges them not be worry about, the price tag!
Sure it is easy to say do not sweat the bill, unless you cannot pay it, in which case you will be fined by the IRS. It is east to say do not worry about the cost, but very hard to have to choose between having much more costly health insurance and saving less money, or enjoying life less, or taking fewer vacations, or opening a small business. And again, this is being forced onto people who HAD good insurance, and were forced, BY LAW, off those plans. It is damned easy to say, do not worry about the cost, unless you are forced to lose your doctor, or are no longer free to use the hospital you prefer. It is so very easy for this Nimrod to sing about forgetting about the cost. But what IS the real cost? The real cost is losing your control of your health care, losing your insurance, and then being forced onto a plan you do not want, one that costs more, and gives you no real choices.
By the way, this walking brain donor won $2,000 for her video. I guess that is the going rate for useful idiots these days.
Via Townhall, Kurt Schlichter nails Progressives!
Reason, facts, truth – these bourgeois concepts mean nothing to the adherents of progressivism. You are never going to change the mind of someone who believes in nothing except the imperative of his own absolute power. You simply have to defeat him.
Progressivism is not a coherent ideology so much as a purpose – to control every aspect of our lives. It is about consolidating progressive power. Nothing else matters. That includes the truth.
Go read the rest of his column, great stuff!