The question I truly thought I would never see? This one from Robert Stacy McCain Am I the only person who reads the Huffington Post’s “Women” category? My answer is Hell Yes! I mean I read Salon, and watch MSNBS, and have even listened to Air America in the past, but the Huffington Posts “Women” category? Come on man! Now, I read Salon for one reason to see how bad their writers can get, and to see if any of their writers can ever be as bad as Joan Walsh. OK so I guess technically that is two reasons, but still Salon’s slogan should be Salon, where bad writing gets worse. I watch MSNBS so you don’t have to, and because it is the Tree of Low-Hanging Blogging Fruit. Any blogger can find lots of material by watching MSNBS. Their slogan should not be Lean Forward. It should be MSNBS, our hosts ought to be committed . And Air America? They used to be on a Boulder Colorado station, one of the few I could pick up in whatever rental car I was driving on my vacations in Rocky Mountain National Park. And, I liked listening to how bat shit crazy their hoists and their listeners were But, I draw the line at the Women’s section of the Huffington Post!
I mean just look at what you might find in the section that RS McCain reads because I refuse to
Because I’ve got a feeling that if any feminists paid attention to it, they’d be outraged at this pink-collar ghetto of insipid journalistic dreck. Some recent HuffPo Women headlines:
- 8 Things America Gets Wrong About Sex — Barnard College alumna Amanda Duberman says Americans are not having sex “as freely, safely and enjoyably as other parts of the world.” So, apparently, folks in Bolivia, Belgium and Botswana have much better sex than us — or at least better sex than Barnard College girls have.
- ‘Love Hormone’ Oxytocin May Intensify Orgasms — Dyslexics beware! Oxytocin is not the same as Oxycontin, which won’t do anything for your orgasms, and will only “intensify” your lethargy, slurred speech and impaired coordination.
- I Fell in Love With a Man Who Refused to Text Me – She loves the Luddite guy with a “cute Australian accent” she married 12 years ago. He probably never dated any Barnard College girls.
- The Problem With ‘Waiting For Marriage’ — Mandy Velez was a virgin attending the University of Pittsburgh until she “attended a sex-positive event on campus” featuring “a fun lesbian speaker.” Somehow, this event convinced her to have sex with her boyfriend. They “eventually broke up,” but now she’s been living with another boyfriend for two years, which means . . .? I dunno. There’s no obvious point. Just one of those silly “Vagina! Empowerment!” pseudo-feminist sex columns that get published routinely at HuffPo Women. Velez calls herself “a straight, cisgendered, reasonably privileged woman” and also uses the magic feminist phrase “sexual autonomy.”
- Shedding Light on the Myths About Women Who Have a Lot of Sex — Marrie Lobel is “irritated” by “persistent half-truths and complete fabrications hyped as fact. It’s time to expose reality by shattering outdated perceptions of women who have a lot of sex.” None of the “myths” Lobel attacks involve Barnard College girls or sex-positive events with “fun lesbian” speakers. However, she does use the magic feminist phrase “patriarchal dogma.”
This is why I have named The Other McCain my Gutsy Blogger of 2014. I mean it takes STONES, or the consumption of lots of bad bourbon to read that stuff and survive. I mean what is next, armpit hair pics? OH no EYE BLEACH!
Oh yeah, one note about why I watch MSNBS. There is another reason I watch, and why I sometimes watch the Today Show, one Tamron Hall. I just cannot resist her. She is a Texas girl, and seems very sweet and I just cannot believe any woman THAT gorgeous could be Liberal