Another Democrat Election Official Pleads Guilty To Multiple Felonies In Obama Nomination Petition Scandal

Another St. Joseph County Election Official Pleads Guilty In Obama Petition-Forging Scandal – Advance Indiana

It’s the big story that the media outside of South Bend, Indiana don’t want to report. It’s the story of how Democratic election officials in the St. Joseph Co. Board of Registration Office conspired to forge signatures on the nominating petitions of Barack Obama in 2008 so that he would have enough signatures to make the 2008 Indiana Democratic primary ballot. Without those forged signatures, Barack Obama’s name would not have appeared on the 2008 Indiana primary ballot, and in all likelihood, that blunder would have cost him the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

The South Bend Tribune, which broke the original story, reports on yet a second official charged in the petition-forging scandal pleading guilty to her role. This time it is Pam Brunette, the former head of voter registration in St. Joseph County.

Pam Brunette pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of Class C felony forgery, one count of Class D felony official misconduct and one count of Class D felony falsifying a petition.

.
……….

Three additional counts were dismissed. The former head of Democratic Voter Registration faces between two and eight years for the Class C felony and six months to three years for each Class D felony.

A sentencing hearing has been set for 10 a.m. May 9 before Superior Court Judge John Marnocha.

Brunette is the second person in the past two weeks to admit guilt in the case, which also involves former longtime county Democratic Party Chair Butch Morgan and former party member Dustin Blythe.

Bev Shelton pleaded guilty to one count of forgery and one count of falsifying a petition on March 28 as part of a plea agreement under which she has agreed to testify in the upcoming case against Morgan and Blythe.

Shelton, who worked under Brunette in Voter Registration, will be sentenced at the same time as her former boss.

According to the Tribune, Brunette didn’t actually forge the signatures but knew the petitions contained forged signatures that had been forged by party officials and certified the petitions knowing they contained forgeries.

.

.
Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.

Former Left-Wing Michigan Supreme Court Justice Pleads Guilty To Felony Bank Fraud

Former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway Pleads Guilty To Felony Bank Fraud – Detroit Free Press

Retired Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway pleaded guilty to felony bank fraud today and is expected to be sentenced May 28.

Hathaway stood quietly at a podium in U.S District Court in Ann Arbor this morning, acknowledging she intentionally defrauded a federally insured financial institution with the short sale of her Grosse Pointe Park home.

According to an agreement negotiated with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, her punishment is limited to up to 18 months behind bars or could be as little as four-10 months if a pre-sentence report determines there was no actual financial loss. Hathaway also could receive a sentence of three-five years of supervised release, be fined up to $30,000 and pay restitution of up to $90,000, according to the agreement. She waived her right to appeal the case after sentencing.

“Yes, Your Honor, I agree,” Hathaway said to U.S. Eastern District Judge John Corbett O’Meara.

Hathaway’s only “no” response came when O’Meara asked her about using her position as a Michigan Supreme Court judge as part of the scheme.

“Did you use your status as a public employee in your attempt to defraud?” O’Meara asked her.

“No,” she responded.

Hathaway retired Jan. 21 amid the scandal involving the short sale.

Hathaway was charged Jan. 18 with one count of bank fraud after investigators said she moved ownership of property in Florida to relatives so she could qualify for the short sale. Hathaway allegedly told financial institution ING Direct she could no longer afford the house payments on the Michigan home.

In a civil filing in November, the U.S. Justice Department accused Hathaway and her husband, attorney Michael Kingsley, of fraudulently concealing their net worth.

The short sale in Michigan allowed the couple to erase nearly $600,000 in mortgage debt on the $1.5-million Grosse Pointe Park home on Lakeview Court, which eventually sold for $850,000. The debt-free Windermere, Fla., home then went back into their names. Hathaway’s attorney, Steve Fishman, said outside the courthouse that ING Direct is claiming they lost far less than the mortgage debt erased by the short sale.

“It’s important for people to know that now we’re down to the actual loss as calculated by ING… and they’re saying it’s between $40,000 and $90,000,” Fishman said, pointing out that Hathaway could have just walked away from the home altogether.

“I say the loss is nothing… because the bank netted probably in the vicinity of $150,000 more from the fact that there was a short sale than if it had been a foreclosure and a sheriff’s sale. And that will be part of the discussion when we come back for sentencing.”

Hathaway left the bench after announcing the decision to retire Jan. 7 after the Judicial Tenure Commission filed a complaint and sought her immediate suspension. The commission alleged she committed “blatant and brazen” misconduct violations in connection with private real estate transactions.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

Occutard Pleads Guilty To Attempted Bridge Bombing, Will Snitch On Fellow Occuterrorists

Occutard Pleads Guilty To Attempted Bridge Bombing, Will Snitch On Fellow Occuterrorists – Gateway Pundit

The FBI arrested 5 Occupy Cleveland protesters for plotting to blow up the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Bridge in May. The terrorists repeatedly tried to blow up the bridge.

Photos provided by the FBI show five men arrested Monday, April 30, 2012, and accused of plotting to blow up a bridge near Cleveland, Ohio, the FBI announced Tuesday, May 1, 2012. Top row, from left, are Douglas Wright, Brandon Baxter and Anthony Hayne. Bottom row, from left, are Joshua Stafford and Connor Stevens. There was no danger to the public because the explosives were inoperable and were controlled by an undercover FBI employee, the agency said Tuesday in announcing the men’s arrests. The target of the plot was a bridge that carries a four-lane state highway over part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the Brecksville area, about 15 miles south of downtown Cleveland, the FBI said. (AP /FBI)

One of the five Occupy terrorists who tried to blow up the Ohio highway bridge pleaded guilty today. He agreed to testify against the other Occupy terrorists in the case.

Yahoo reported:

One of five men charged with plotting to bomb an Ohio highway bridge pleaded guilty Wednesday and agreed to testify against his co-defendants.

Anthony Hayne, 35, of Cleveland, who has a criminal record for theft and breaking and entering, pleaded to all three counts against him in U.S. District Court. His attorney, Michael O’Shea, said Hayne hopes to get leniency in return for his testimony.

Under the terms of the surprise plea deal, Hayne will have the chance to avoid a life prison term. With the plea and offer of testimony for the prosecution, he could face 15 years to nearly 20 years in prison.

“I don’t think any of these guys intended harm to human beings,” O’Shea said. “I think they just thought this was a way of making some sort of political statement. But I’m relatively confident none of these people had any desires to actually hurt anybody.”

O’Shea said Hayne was a latecomer to the alleged plot and, as such, had the least standing to argue that he had been manipulated by an FBI informant as other defendants have contended.

Authorities have called the men anarchists, and investigators say the group planted what turned out to be a dud bomb provided by an FBI undercover informant on a bridge south of Cleveland and then tried to detonate it.

The defendants could face life in prison if convicted.

Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi support the #Occupy terror movement.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

Former Top ICE Official James Woosley Pleads Guilty In $600,000 Scam

Former Top ICE Official James Woosley Pleads Guilty In $600,000 Scam – MSNBC

James M. Woosley, former Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) intelligence chief, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to an elaborate scam over several years involving false travel expense reports totaling nearly $600,000.

Woosley must surrender more than $180,000 he made in a scheme that also included several other ICE employees and contractors, federal prosecutors said.

……..

The former federal employees all pleaded guilty to submitting false receipts and vouchers for reimbursement of travel expenses and time worked, according to court documents.

“Today James Woosley became the fifth – and highest-ranking – individual to plead guilty as part of a series of fraud schemes among rogue employees and contractors at ICE,” said U.S. Attorney Ronald Machen said in a statement. “He abused his sensitive position of trust to fleece the government by submitting phony paperwork for and taking kickbacks from subordinates who were also on the take.”

Sentencing was scheduled for July 13. Woosley could serve 18 to 27 months in prison, and faces a potential fine.

Four others previously pleaded guilty in the case, including Lateisha Rollerson, 38, whom Woosley had groomed to become an employee, at times lived with him and later went on to become his personal assistant. As part of her plea agreement in March, Rollerson was ordered to forfeit $295,000 gained in the fraud.

Also convicted were Ahmed Adil Abdallat, William J. Korn and Stephen E. Henderson, all close associates of Woosley who also took part in falsifying travel documents, according to court records.

The fraud began when Henderson, an ICE contractor, asked Rollerson to make up fake hotel receipts for travel, which were approved by Woosley, and submitted online through the federal government’s voucher system.

From that point in June of 2008 to October of 2010, Rollerson submitted numerous fraudulent travel receipts, with a portion of the money kicked back to Woosley and other employees. Woosley used some of the money to buy a boat, according to court records.

In September of 2008, Woosley and his assistant came up with a scheme to live in a rental house in the tony Washington suburb of Alexandria, Va., rent free, court records show. Rent on the house was paid for by having Korn, who was based in Tucson, Ariz., submit false claims for temporary duty expenses at a hotel lodging rate. The hotel lodging rate was some $3,000 more per month than the rent on the home. Henderson as well as Woosley’s sons also at times lived in the house.

In another prong of the scheme, ICE employee Abdallat, who had a long association with Woosley and was based in El Paso, Texas, traveled to Washington, D.C., on extended temporary duty at Woosley’s request. He stayed in a private residence with his girlfriend but submitted fraudulent travel bills for hotel stays of more than $115,000, according to court documents. Some of that money was kept by Abdallat, but more than half went to Woosley, Rollerson and Woosley’s son.

According to a Washington Post, Woosley spent 28 years working in federal law enforcement, primarily with the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which later became ICE, then a division of the Department of Homeland Security.

In 2009, Woosley was named the head of ICE intelligence effort. At one point in his career he served as ICE’s interim director for Intelligence.

Woosley was relieved of his position in February, 2011.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story