A new Fox News poll released Tuesday shows that President Obama’s troubles have only gotten worse since the cable news network’s previous poll. As of now, Obama is upside down by a full eight points with only 43% approving of his job performance while 51% disapprove. Last month, in this same poll, Obama was in a little better shape at 44% – 50%.
This poll almost perfectly aligns Fox News with other recent polls showing a similar slide.
The internals of the poll don’t look much better. Obama’s approval among Democrats is down to 73% (a new Washington Post polls shows the same).
On specific issues, Obama upside on all but one by double-digits:
* Economy: 38 percent approve, 58 percent disapprove (-20).
* Immigration: 39 percent approve, 53 percent disapprove (-14).
* Gun control: 38 percent approve, 57 percent disapprove (-19).
* Deficits: 32 percent approve, 63 percent disapprove (-31).
* Healthcare: 41 percent approve, 55 percent disapprove (-14)
* Foreign policy: 41 percent approve, 50 percent disapprove (-9)
On issues surrounding the handful of scandals swirling around the White House, Obama can only muster 32% approval of his wide-open surveillance programs and his handling of the IRS. Disapproval on both issues is over 70%.
As to whether or not the GOP congress should continue investigating Benghazi, the IRS, and the Justice Department’s spying on journalists, it isn’t even close. On all three issues, over 70% want the inquiries to continue with less than 28% saying no. This is a huge failure for a mainstream media that has worked overtime to make these investigations a liability for the GOP.
The news breaking today about the GDP being revised way down to 1.8%, a collapse in mortgage applications, and the promise of more NSA revelations, shows there is little relief in sight for our embattled president.