The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“There is no such thing as moderate Islam. There is only Islam and not Islam” – The’Blind Sheikh’ Omar Abdel-Rahman, Doctor Of Qu’ranic studies, Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
“Those who believe, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith, in the cause of Allah as well as those who give (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) in very truth the Believers: for them is the forgiveness of sins and a provision most generous.” – Qu’ran, Surah Al-Anfal, 74
“The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam” – President Barack Hussein Obama
This week’s winning essay,Joshuapundit’s Who’s To Blame For Orlando? Is my reaction not just to the attack itself but to the reaction to the attack. And it includes a few points I haven’t really seen seen mentioned or commented on anywhere else. Here’s a slice:
A few separate events, all in the same few days…a man guns down 50 people in an Orlando, Florida night club, another man is arrested in Sacramento, California with a list of targets, still another man is shot dead by police after taking hostages in Amarillo, Texas, and still another man murdered two people in Magnanville, France and posted picture of the murders on Facebook.
Is there a thread connecting these incidents? Why of course there is, JFA, Jihad for Allah. And Ramadan is a special time for this kind of activity.
Of course, the usual suspects would not want any mention of that sort of thing! The news media, our president, the presumed Democrat nominee and the Leftist punditocracy had far more interesting things to blame…America’s supposed lack of gun control and in the case of Orlando, homophobia, of course. The execrable New York Daily News actually ran a photo of the carnage with the headline ‘Thanks, NRA’ while the head of our misnamed Department of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson said that disarming Americans is now a matter of national security badly needed to keep Americans safe.
You literally can’t make this stuff up.
The ‘gun control’ argument is ludicrous in and of itself. One of the Orlando victims actually texted his mother to tell her goodbye because the jihadi was coming towards him. Rest assured that young man would have given anything he owned for a loaded, working firearm in his hand and the ability to use it at that tragic, life ending moment.
Jihadis like Omar Mateen as well as ordinary criminals will always be able to obtain guns by theft, smuggling, buying them on the black market or even by making guns themselves. They could care less about laws. France has some of the strictest gun laws in the world, but that didn’t stop jihadis from killing over a hundred disarmed people in Paris using fully auto AK47s.
So if guns aren’t to blame, how about homophobia? There are a couple of things awry with that. First, we know the following at this point: that Mateen himself was a homosexual whom was actually familiar with the gay nightclub he shot up, and that he also cased several other targets, including Orlando’s Disney World.
Thanks to how our media silences certain things about the Religion of Peace, one fact that isn’t well known is how certain shaheeds, martyrs are recruited. In ‘Palestine’ as well as in AfPack and Iraq, young women and yes, homosexuals have been recruited as suicide bombers by jihadis because they are deemed less likely to be caught. In these places, there have been several instances of older women caught setting up young girls to be gang raped and then blackmailed with the choice of redeeming themselves by becoming shaheeds or facing murder by their families in an honor killing. The same thing has been done before with male homosexuals whom face the death penalty if outed, particularly in AfPak.
If Omar Mateen was focusing on murdering gays, there would be no reason for him to scope out other,non-gay targets. His first wife, school classmate and second wife have both revealed that it was known that Omar was homosexual and that he had perused gay dating sites on the internet. Rather than outright Muslim homophobia, I think it’s likely he was outed and blackmailed. And then, since Disney World has fairly tight security, he simply picked the softer target, one where he was known and was familiar with.
In any event, since the Obama Administration has already imported almost one million Muslims ‘refugees’ and increasing from countries where homophobia, along with other things incompatible with a free society is an established part of the culture and the religion and since Mrs. Clinton is quite open about wanting to increase those numbers if she’s elected, isn’t it a bit awkward of them to bash homophobia verbally in America while working so hard to increase it? Of course, the media isn’t going to ask them such an awkward question. And of course, it’s definitely a question homosexuals ought to be asking themselves before they vote Democrat, but I digress.
So, if we can’t blame guns and homophobia, what’s left? Can we blame Islam? ISIS? I don’t think so, not really.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Daniel Greenfield with Why Islam is Violent submitted by Joshuapundit.
Greenfield delves into Islam’s tribal past in an effort to explain exactly why the so-called Religion of Peace is anything but.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Fausta was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes!–Joshuapundit–Who’s To Blame For Orlando?
- Second place with 2 votes –The Razor – Liberals Aren’t Stupid, They’re Evil
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Stately McDaniel Manor – Orlando: Moving America Forward
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes –Angry White Dude – Je Suis Gun Owner
- Fifth place with 1 vote –Bookworm Room – After the Orlando shooting, Leftists again fail to read the handwriting on the wall
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Glittering Eye –Pushing All of the Buttons
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –VA Right! – Whiners Whining about Trump Whining about the Media
- Seventh place with 1/3 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Flag Day
- First place with 2 1/3 votes!– Daniel Greenfield – Why Islam is Violentsubmitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes –Jerry Hendrix/The National Interest –America Needs a Truly Conservative Foreign Policy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD and The Glittering Eye
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –David Hazony/The Tower–The Mind Of The Presidentsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Rush Limbaugh – What We Know: Democrats Despise Us More Than They Despise Militant Islam submitted byThe Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –FOX News –Amb. John Bolton: Two critical conclusions from Orlando terror attack submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Phyllis Chessler –Denying reality Will Get Us Killed submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Bob Owens/Bearing Arms –Could Concealed Carry have saved lives in Orlando attack?submitted by The Daley Gator
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Creeping Sharia – Paul Ryan Defends Muslim Invasion, Says Muslim Ban ‘Not In Our Country’s Interests’submitted by VA Right!
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum.
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.