Some fine, insightful writing goes on at Wow! Magazine. Do not let the fact that they allow me to write there tarnish their reputation. Go, dig in!
Yes, he’s historic, alright.
LAW AND JUSTICE
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source:House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
• First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as pro-Catholic and pro-Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
• First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)
• First President to Systematically Release Detained Illegal Aliens Charged With Homicide Into the U.S. Population (Source: USA Today)
• First President to Release 40,000 Illegal Aliens with Serious and/or Violent Criminal Records Inside the U.S. (Source: Judicial Watch)
• First President to Create Secret Police Units Inside Government Agencies to Block Lawful Investigations by Inspectors General (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Personally Lobby Senators to Violate Senate Rules and Destroy the Filibuster Through “The Nuclear Option” to Consolidate More Executive Power (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to create his own propaganda news network and “bypass journalists … [having] developed [his] own network of websites, social media and even created an online newscast to dispense favorable information and images” (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Barricade Open-Air Government Monuments During a Partial Government Shutdown(Source: Rep. Steve Stockman)
• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Issue Unlawful “Recess-Appointments” Over a Long Weekend – While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session (against the advice of his own Justice Department – Source: United States Court of Appeals)
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions” (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
• First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act – Source: ABC News)
• First President to Increase Surveillance of American Citizen Under the Patriot Act by 1,000 Percent in Four Years (Source: NBC News)
• First president to appoint a convicted cop killer’s advocate to the Department of Justice (Source: Investor’s Business Daily)
• First Administration to Be Ruled by a Federal Judge as Aiding and Abetting Human Trafficking (Source: Federal District Court Judge Andrew S. Hanen)
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund – Source: Fox News)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present” (Source: The New York Times)
• First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentalities of government to punish those on the list – Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Attempt to Block Legally-Required 60-Day Layoff Notices by Government Contractors Due to His Own Cuts to Defense Spending – Because The Notices Would Occur Before the Election. (Source: National Journal)
• First President to Intentionally Disable Credit Card Security Measures (in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures – Source: Power Line)
• First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute. (Source: Washington Examiner)
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a “Racial Justice System”, a system that tries to achieve “racially equivalent outcomes” for crimes (Source: Daily Caller)
• First President to Leak Confidential IRS Tax Records to Groups Aligned Politically With Him for Partisan Advantage (Source: The Hill Newspaper)
• First President to Use the EPA to Punish Political Enemies and Reward Political Allies (Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute)
• First President to Send Millions in Taxpayer Dollars to His Wife’s Former Employer (Source: White House Dossier)
• First President to Openly Use the Department of Justice to Intimidate Political Opponents and Threaten Companies to Donate to His Campaign (Source: Peter Schweizer, Extortion)
• First President to Direct His Census Dept. to Make Up Favorable Employment Data In Run-Up to His Reelection Campaign (Source: New York Post)
• First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Terrorist Group, the Weather Underground (Source: National Review)
• First President to have the EPA conduct hazardous experiments on the ill, infirm and elederly to push a radical environmental agenda, in a manner not dissimilar to the Third Reich’s inhuman medical experiments (Source: The EPA Office of the Inspector General).
• First President to be Accused by His Own Party of Ordering the CIA to Spy on Congress (Source:Washington Post)
• First President to allow deadly Ebola disease-ridden patients to enter the U.S., refusing to restrict travel from infected countries like other Western allies (Source: New York Daily News)
• First president to order his EPA to unilaterally overturn a Federal Statute (changing the borders of Wyoming established by an act of Congress, Source: Casper Star-Tribune).
• First president to systematically delay enacting a wide variety of controversial rules until after a presidential election (Source: Washington Post)
• First president to have Politifact designate one of his statements “Lie of the Year” (Source: Politifact)
• First President to Strip Inspectors General of Ability to Investigate Corruption and Fraud in the Federal Government (Source: Washington Times).
• First President to Create a Secret Racial Database of Americans in Order to Determine “Inequities” in Housing, Employment, Banking, etc. (Source: New York Post).
• First President to Intentionally Release Thousands of Illegal Alien Rapists and Child Molesters into the U.S. Instead of Deporting Them (Source: Boston Globe
• First President to be Named by the Associated Press to Have Operated the Least Transparent Administration in History (since the advent of the Freedom of Information Act; Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Have Its Own Watchdogs Report That More Than $125 Billion in Fraudulent/Improper Payments Were Made by the Federal Government (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government (Source: Reuters)
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat (Source: Christian Science Monitor)
• First President to Move America Past the Dependency Tipping Point, In Which 51% of Households Now Pay No Income Taxes (Source: Center for Individual Freedom)
• First President to Increase Food Stamp Spending By More Than 100% in Less Than Four Years (Source: Sen. Jeff Sessions)
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs – and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs (Source: President Obama during an early meeting of his ‘Jobs Council’)
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases (Source: The Hill)
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Propose Budgets So Unreasonable That Not a Single Representative From Either Party Would Cast a Vote in Favor (Sources: The Hill, Open Market)
• First President Whose Economic Policies Have the Number of Americans on Disability Exceed the Population of New York (Source: CNS News)
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Sue States For Enforcing Immigration Laws Passed by Congress (Source: The Arizona Republic newspaper)
• First President to See America Lose Its Status as the World’s Largest Economy (Source: Peterson Institute)
• First President to redistribute $26.5 billion of the taxpayers’ funds to his union supporters in the UAW (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler (Source: Detroit News)
• First President to Run a Record 5 Straight Years of Deficits for the Disability Trust Fund (Source: CNS News)
• First President to Attempt to Bully a Major Manufacturing Company Into Not Opening a Factory in a Right-to-Work State (Boeing’s facility in South Carolina – Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President Since 1872 to See the U.S. Economy Sink From 1st to 2nd Largest in the World (Source:Financial Times)
• First President to Conceal Food Stamp Data From Public Scrutiny (Source: Judicial Watch: “8th Circuit Says USDA Can’t Keep Hiding Food Stamp Data”)
• First President to Leave the American Middle Class No Longer the World’s Richest (Source: The New York Times)
• First President to Retaliate Against a Rating Agency for Downgrading the United States Debt (Source: Investor’s Business Daily)
• First President to Expand the Regulatory State to an Unprecedented Degree (“New record: Feds issued 56 regs for every new law, 3,659 in 2013”, Source: Washington Examiner)
• First President to Endanger the Stability of the Electric Grid by Shutting Down Hundreds of Coal-Fired Plants Without Adequate Replacement Technologies (Source: National Electric Reliability Corporation – PDF)
• First President to Have His EPA Repudiated by a Federal Judge for “Overstepping Its Powers” When They Attempted to Shut Down Coal Operations in Appalachia (Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (Source: Politico)
NATIONAL SECURITY AND WORLD AFFAIRS
• First President to Lie Repeatedly to the American People About the Murder of a U.S. Ambassador and Three Other Diplomatic Personnel for Purely Political Reasons, Rewriting a “Talking Points” Memo No Fewer Than a Dozen Times to Avoid Referencing a Pre-Planned Terror Attack (Source: ABC News)
• First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government (Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner)
• First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign (Source: Judicial Watch)
• First President to Renounce the Monroe Doctrine of National Security in the Western Hemisphere (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First Nobel Peace Prize Winner to State “I’m Really Good At Killing People” (Regarding His Drone Strikes) (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Snub the Vatican by Closing U.S. Embassy (Source: Washington Times, “Obama’s call to close Vatican embassy is ‘slap in the face’ to Roman Catholics”)
• First President to Directly Violate the Law Regarding Prisoner Swaps with the Taliban, Bypassing Congressional Review (Source: The New York Times)
• First President to Invite a Leader of the Terrorist Group the Muslim Brotherhood to a Meeting in the White House (Source: Washington Free Beacon)
• First President to Out a CIA Station Chief in an Active Military Zone (Source: CBS News)
• First President to Negotiate a Deal to Transfer $150 Billion to the World’s Leading State Sponsor of Terrorism (Source: Gatestone Institute)
• First President to Operate His National Security Infrastructure So Incompetently That an Enemy of the United States was Able to Steal the Personnel Records of all Four Million Government Employees (Source: CNN).
• First President to Operate His National Security Infrastructure So Incompetently That His Secretary of State Created Her Own Private Email Servers to Evade Public Open Records Laws (Source: The Verge)
• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space (Sources: USA Today, ABC News)
• First President to press for a “treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue” (The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to force Israel and Saudi Arabia to admit secret diplomacy for the first time in Order to Protect Themselves from the Policies of the United States (Source: Jerusalem Post)
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians (Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK])
• First President to Insert Himself into White House Biographies of Past Presidents (Source: The New York Times).
• First President to Secretly Party With Known Domestic Terrorists (Source: Gawker)
• First President to so inflame racial tensions that the first major league baseball game in U.S. history had to be cancelled due to riots (Source: Baltimore Sun).
• First President to Complete 250 Rounds of Golf in Less Than Seven Years in Office (Source: Mark Knoller CBS News)
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.
Nobody is working harder to ensure that black Americans die violently than the #Blacklivesmatter protesters.
Not the KKK. Not the Aryan Nation. Not the American Nazi Party.
In fact, if those groups were smart (and being a part of one of those groups is de facto proof that they’re not), then they’d be doing everything they can to fund the #blacklivesmatter crowd.
Well, first of all, despite the name, the group doesn’t care about most #blacklives.
On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted PER DAY in the United States. Many of those innocents are slaughtered via Planned Parenthood, an organization founded by a woman who wanted to use abortion to help control the population of black Americans because she believed they were inferior.
The #blacklivesmatter protesters don’t care about those black lives.
They also don’t care about the staggering number of black Americans murdered by other black Americans.
Roughly 8,000 to 9,000 black Americans are murdered per year and per the FBI, from 1980-2008, 93% of black men who were murdered, were murdered by other black men.
Those numbers dwarf the total number of Americans killed by police in more than a decade according to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Per the CDC from 1999 to 2011, “2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.”
So, if you’re really interested in saving black lives, the most important thing you could do would be to make abortion illegal. Failing that, if you could at least make it much less prevalent, you could save more black lives in a month than the police will kill in 10 years.
Beyond that, addressing out of wedlock births would dramatically reduce the number of murders in black communities. In fact, if the out-of-wedlock birth rate from black Americans dropped from 72% to the same 30% rate that white Americans have, the difference in murder rates between whites and blacks would largely disappear.
Assuming nothing is done about the out-of-wedlock birth rate, the only other thing that seems likely to significantly reduce the number of black men who are murdering each other would be a dramatically increased police presence in black neighborhoods.
The #blacklivesmatter protesters don’t care about abortion, they don’t care about the out-of-wedlock birth rate and they don’t care about reducing the number of black men killing each other.
In fact, if the #blacklivesmatter nutbags get their way, the number of black men dying WILL INCREASE.
That’s because when you boil it all down, the #blacklivesmatter creeps have a simple agenda: They hate cops.
Just look at some of the demands they have on their website.
We will seek justice for Brown’s family by petitioning for the immediate arrest of officer Darren Wilson and the dismissal of county prosecutor Robert McCullough. Groups that are part of the local Hands Up Don’t Shoot Coalition have already called for Wilson’s swift arrest, and some BLM riders also canvassed McCullough’s neighborhood as a way of raising the public’s awareness of the case.
It’s sad when any human being loses his life, but Mike Brown is not a sympathetic character. He robbed a convenience store, assaulted a police officer and tried to take his gun; then Brown was shot while he was charging that same cop.
If that’s not a justified shooting, then as a practical matter, you stack the deck against cops to such an extent that you won’t be able to get anyone to do the job.
This demand also sticks out…
We will call on the office of US attorney general Eric Holder to release the names of all officers involved in killing black people within the last five years, both while on patrol and in custody, so they can be brought to justice – if they haven’t already.
We have a justice system that already prosecutes police officers; so who exactly is going to bring them to justice? The #blacklivesmatter imbeciles? Also, officers already face the court system if they break our laws. So, what’s the crime supposed to be? If it’s “killing black people,” then again, you can’t field a police force if you make it illegal to kill black Americans who are trying to kill and injure the police.
Then there’s this demand…
And we will advocate for a decrease in law-enforcement spending at the local, state and federal levels and a reinvestment of that budgeted money into the black communities most devastated by poverty in order to create jobs, housing and schools. This money should be redirected to those federal departments charged with providing employment, housing and educational services.
What good is a job in, let’s say, a convenience store if there aren’t any police officers around to protect you from thugs like Mike Brown? What good is more housing when you’re afraid to walk outside because there aren’t any cops to protect you from the gangbangers and drug dealers on the corner? How much does more money for schools matter when you fear for your child’s life every day because his school is like the Wild, Wild West?
Look at what’s happened in Baltimore since the #blacklivesmatter morons showed up with their anti-cop lunacy.
Since the rioting and looting after the death April 19 of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who suffered severe spinal injuries while in police custody, crime rates have spiked. In May there were 42 homicides in Baltimore, the most in a month since 1990.
…Arrests, meanwhile, have plummeted in recent weeks, from 2,677 in April to 1,531 in May.
Great job, idiots!
How about New York?
At a police community meeting in the South Bronx on June 4, residents begged the officers to arrest the crowds of teens who hang out on local street corners and fight with each other. Shootings in that precinct are up 167% through May 31 – but that isn’t serious enough to qualify for the NYPD’s high-priority list because the trouble is even worse elsewhere in the city.
Fantastic job, morons!
If the #blacklivesmatter dimwits wanted to call for more body cameras, more coordination between the police and the community and harsher penalties for cops who break the law, most people would probably be just fine with that.
However, if these ignoramuses want to scream at random people, try to take over political rallies, block traffic and live in a world where cops aren’t allowed to defend themselves from people trying to kill them, then let them create their own society without police and go live in it. Nobody will miss them. The rest of us appreciate the difficulty of the job the police are doing, like having them around and will support them to the hilt as long as they do their job and obey the law.
Last night on Megyn Kelly’s Fox TV show she announced a 1.5 week vacation returning on 8/24. Lil Miss stated she hadn’t taken a vacation in six months. Of course the 8-day memorial day break, and 6-day July Fourth break, don’t count as vacation for the intense 4 day work-week schedules of a princess pundit, or something.
However, given the scope of the fallout from Megyn’s intentional set-up of candidate Donald Trump, and the severity of the backlash therein, it’s not difficult to see why the outline of this NY Magazine article is essentially correct.
Unfortunately for Ms. Kelly, the reality of her position has slapped her in the face like a cold fish
NY Mag […] Having backed down to the GOP front-runner and all but sacrificed one of his biggest stars to appease the conservative base – a.k.a. Fox viewers – Ailes has set a dangerous precedent. The message is clear: Fox reports, but the audience decides. (link)
LOL, only in the mind of a progressive publication would listening to your customer be considered “a dangerous precedent“; I digress. Alas, ego’s the size of Princess Megyn need respite, from the fish. And princesses never eat crow.
For those who have followed the story, which began weeks prior to the debate, the attack by Megyn Kelly was entirely predictable. A full week before the debate itself, we warned of Kelly’s transparently obvious intentions toward Donald Trump – HERE July 30th.
Kelly actually had a plan to begin the attack on Monday August 3rd, three nights before the debate. What she planned was to lay the groundwork for a sexist narrative, and then follow up with the attack on debate night. Kelly is nothing, if not predictable.
Somehow, Team Trump caught wind of the set-up, and while Mr. Trump was in Scotland his team cancelled the Monday appearance. However, it is highly doubtful Trump actually knew the severity of what was planned.
Perhaps the cancellation contributed to the even more severe vitriol viewed by over 25 million debate watchers three nights later. Everything about it was planned by Megyn, for Megyn – the center of her own condescendingly self-important universe.
As the days ticked down to the confrontation, the severity of her tone increased – the objective was brutally evident, again, in an interview with Ted Cruz. on the Monday Trump cancelled. Again, we warned x 2.
Post Debate – When you get the cold fish slap, you have two decisions to make.
#1 You can: a.) Admit your intentions, b.) Ask for forgiveness, and c.) put forth your humility.
~ OR ~
#2 You have to surround yourself with sycophants, hide in your bunker, and refuse to take responsibility.
Kelly chose the latter. Essentially removing the last vestiges of credibility, diminishing herself more, and broadcasting the transparency of guilt. Public cold fish-slaps, which you try to hide, never end well – everyone sees them.
However, on the positive side, and thanks to the assistance from the go-to punditry (Dana “Baby Bush” Perino), Kelly and Co. used neon orange paint on the next tripwire.
In an effort to wipe away the remaining fish scales, Megyn and Perino set up the next Rupert pro-Bush strategy a little more obviously than last time. [ie. the advancement of Ben Carson.]
LOL, Carson, Kasich and Bush even sounds like a group of republican lawyers.
Now they will go all back-door on Trump by going with the “temperament” narrative. The only acceptable Republican is one who comes bubble wrapped for safety.
Kaisch, Bush and the ever soft-spoken Carson will be sold as temperate and comparative candidates to the grossly vulgarian Trump.
It’s that reachy-over-the-aisle narrative, with an intellectual high-brow MSM twist.
Think: crust-less cucumber and mayonnaise sandwiches on wonder bread, along with a side of rice cakes and Perrier w/ lime. Mmmm mmmm safe and delicious, swear. Just ask George Will and Charles Krauthammer, they’ll tell you all about it.
Full disclosure. I ate, well, sort of, one of those rice cakes once, just once. Flippin’ thing tasted like I’d bitten into a Styrofoam coffee cup. As far as palates go, it was profoundly typical – and brutally similar to – what I envision a professional republican would taste like. Never again, and never since.
Of course they’ve already got iCarly kick-started to take lead on the “Trump is Sexist” angle; and God please, I hope Trump has the opportunity in debate #2 to compare his immensely smart and successful daughter Ivanka, to the brutally inept and scripted talking point that calls herself Fiorina.
The narrative collapses when you think about Trump being so sexist he puts his daughter in charge of his Empire.
Actually, I shouldn’t publicly write that wish because I’ll just be giving a head’s up to the target of it. Oh well… I was, after all, previously speaking of cold fish.
Time for some sorbet:
And yes, when he said that John McCain is only considered a war hero because he got caught by the enemy, that was not only douchey, it was untrue. John McCain is a hero because he was offered a chance to be released early from captivity and refused to go, knowing that to do so would mean taking the place of another POW who had been there longer and deserved to be set free ahead of him.
What Trump said was petty and ignorant, and he owes McCain an apology for it, but that doesn’t mean he’s been wrong about practically everything else he’s said about McCain, nor does it mean he has gone out of his way to intentionally insult every POW in American history.
Let’s face it, the guy is a carnival barker who’s made his living in recent years firing people on television for fun and profit. To suspect that he thinks with greater depth than a mud puddle about most issues before commenting on them during an interview is unrealistic, to say the least. Furthermore, to suppose that he hates all POWs because he made an off-the-cuff statement designed to hurt John McCain’s feelings is a stretch, but if he has any brains in his head he will man-up and beg the forgiveness of every former POW still alive (except Bowe Bergdahl) for talking out of his ass about something he is completely unqualified to discuss.
If he does so, perhaps in time people will start to remember that the only things Trump has said about our veterans with any forethought at all is that they’ve been treated like third-class citizens by our federal government for decades, and that the V.A. health care system is a disgraceful joke. The Donald has said these things over and over again, so why aren’t most of the other GOP candidates talking about them? I mean, it’s not like these opinions aren’t firmly anchored in the truth!
Trump has also made illegal immigration a front-page news story again, something that I guarantee most of the other Republicans in the race want to ignore like Bruce Jenner’s twitter account. In fact, I can only think of a few of the current 15 who wouldn’t have put that issue on the back-burner this campaign season had it not been thrown in all their faces so forcefully.
So why did Donald Trump even bring these subjects up in the first place? I believe it’s because he’s a populist who will say pretty much whatever he thinks people want to hear to get elected, but then I’m a cynical bastard when it comes to the thought processes of politicians.
No matter what his motives may be, however, at least he’s talking about things that genuinely matter; things that the vast majority of conservatives have been begging their elected representatives to deal with since forever, only to have those issues dropped like hot potatoes over and over again.
Yes, Trump is a blowhard and a media whore, but the fact that he’s also the only GOP candidate who has repeatedly proclaimed Hillary Clinton to be an out-and-out criminal – which she clearly is – has caused many millions of people to perk up their ears and say: IT’S ABOUT FREAKIN’ TIME SOMEBODY SAID THAT!
When The Donald points out that America consistently loses untold billions of dollars to it’s trade partners year after year, and that we are essentially building China’s infrastructure and military while ours goes to hell in a handbag, people stand up and cheer because they know he’s right. And when he says he would do a lot better than the inept clowns we’ve put in charge of our trade policies since the 1980s, folks tend to believe him. Why? Because despite his arrogant public demeanor and mockable hair style, he probably would!
Moreover, when Trump gives a speech on practically any topic, his audiences take heart in the fact that, despite his many, MANY flaws, at least he won’t be another squishy, establishment Republican who will play Mr. Nice Guy when confronted by the Clinton political machine and Hillary’s leftist minions in the Jurassic press.
The main reason why Trump has gained so much momentum in recent weeks is because people don’t see him as a pushover or a loser, and the GOP base is sick to death of getting their heads handed to them by a pack of socialist dirtbags who are more than happy to arm Islamic terrorists while simultaneously disarming American citizens. They are tired of seeing their top political candidates fold like paper kites in a hurricane every time they are confronted by the left over some invented media controversy about something they said that no right-winger would ever consider controversial.
In essence, Republican voters are begging their candidates to grow some balls and tell these Marxist parasites to go pound sand once and for all, and the only one they see with a bulge in his pants right now is Donald Trump.
A lady friend of mine asked me the other day what I thought of The Donald, and my answer was basically this: I don’t like him very much at all. I think he’s a self-centered, loud-mouthed prick who probably knows a lot less about the issues he discusses than he wants you to believe. Yet, despite all his negative attributes, I’d still vote for him if he were to win the GOP nomination because at least he has some positive leadership qualities, and I don’t see him becoming the sock-puppet of any special interest group anytime soon. What does Hillary Clinton have to offer, other than a closet full of pantsuits and a long history of corruption and failure?
Would I rather see somebody like Ted Cruz or Scott Walker win the primary election? Of course, who in their right mind wouldn’t? That having been said, whoever becomes the Republican nominee had better damned well take a page from the Trump campaign handbook and start hammering Hillary relentlessly over genuine scandals like Benghazi and e-mailgate because if they don’t, you can stick a fork in this once-great nation of ours. It’s all done!
Edward L. Daley
The following quotes were taken from the above-embedded speech by Hillary Rotten Clinton at the 6th annual Women in the World summit. After each one, I have posted a response in the hopes that every leftist in America will take a few moments out of his or her (or its) utterly pointless day to write me some hate-mail.
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re a student or an artist, a journalist, an ambassador, maybe even a future president. We all have our stories.”
Fortunately for America, you’re none of those things.
“Some of you, I know, were with me in Beijing back in 1995 at the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women. Representatives from 189 countries came together to declare with one voice that human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights, once and for all.”
I wonder how many Islamic countries were involved in that event. No matter, I’m sure that by now every Muslim-run nation on Earth has fully embraced women’s rights. After all, wasn’t it you who once said that Islam respects the fundamental dignity of all human beings?
“All the evidence tells us that despite the enormous obstacles that remain, there has never been a better time in history to be born female.”
Especially if you’re born in the United States, and your last name is Clinton.
“Yes, we’ve cut the maternal mortality rate in half, but far too many women are still denied critical access to reproductive healthcare, and safe childbirth.”
Yes, and while the maternal mortality rate has surely been cut substantially over the decades, leftists like you have worked overtime to help dramatically increase the mortality rate of unborn infants. How proud you must be.
“All the laws we’ve passed don’t count for much if they’re not enforced.”
You mean like the various Obamacare laws that you claim the president has every right to amend whenever he sees fit? And don’t even get me started on the immigration laws he habitually ignores or rewrites whenever the mood strikes him. By the way, I’m not holding my breath waiting for you to express outrage over any of Barack’s numerous, impeachable offenses. If you had any genuine respect for the law, you wouldn’t have intentionally destroyed untold thousands of emails belonging to the American people from your illegally-employed, private computer server in Chappaqua.
“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will, and deep-seeded cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”
Are you referring to the deep-seeded cultural codes and religious beliefs of genuine Christians and Jews who don’t just pay lip-service to them in order to win elections, but actually live them every day? Just curious.
“As I have said, and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century. And not just for women, but for everyone.”
Well then, it’s a good thing there’s a section of Obamacare that forces single men to pay for maternity coverage that they can’t possibly use, don’t you think?
“If we closed the gap that remains in the workforce between men and women, our economy in the United States would grow by nearly 10 percent by 2030.”
It’s too bad that leftist policies – like the ones you’ve spent your entire adult life promoting – encourage women to have children out of wedlock, and then reward them with taxpayer dollars for sitting on their asses and watching ‘The View’. That’s got to be disappointing.
“The lack of quality, affordable childcare, unequal pay, work schedules that are not only far from predictable but often simply unfair, fall disproportionately heavily on women.”
It seems to me that there are only two realistic ways to make childcare more affordable. A.) Force childcare facilities – which are mostly run by women – to charge less for their services, or B.) force women to stay home and take care of their own kids while their husbands work. Beyond that, the notion that there is any real inequality in pay between men and women who work equal numbers of hours at equally difficult jobs is just another leftist myth invented by politicians like you. By the way, what is it about unpredictable work schedules that makes them less fair to women than men?
“It is outrageous that America is the only country in the developed world that doesn’t guarantee paid leave to mothers of newborns.”
So, not only should companies be expected to hire an equal number of women and men – even though only women take maternity leave – but now they should be forced to pay women who’ve chosen to have kids wages for not working? How is that fair to all the other employees who still have to put in a 40-hour workweek before receiving a paycheck?
“It’s hard to believe that in 2015 so many women still pay a price for being mothers.”
What, you mean that after all this time people are still expected to incur the costs associated with the decision they make? I am fucking shocked beyond words.
“It is also hard to believe that so many women are still paid less than men for the same work, with even wider gaps for women of color.”
That truly is hard to believe, mostly because it isn’t so. Think about it, if such an absurdity were true, what employer in his right mind would ever hire a white man again?
“Now, when I talk to men about this – which I frequently do – I remind them, if it was your wife or your sister or your daughter or your mother getting taken advantage of at work, you would suffer, your kids would suffer, your family would suffer, and you’d want to do something about it.”
I sure would, and it’s a damned good thing that’s never happened to any woman I know.
“America moves forward when all women are guaranteed the right to make their own healthcare choices, not when those choices are taken away by an employer like Hobby Lobby.”
What rights or choices were taken away from women by that company, exactly? Are you suggesting that Hobby Lobby’s female employees are no longer allowed to use contraceptives? As far as I’m aware, the only thing its owners have ever asked for is that they not be forced by the government to add contraception coverage to their employees’ health insurance policies, because their religious faith does not allow them to disseminate birth control – especially the abortion-inducing drugs included in the infamous Obamacare mandate. Since when does anyone have a right to force the people they work for to provide them with contraceptives that they can easily and cheaply buy on the open market themselves? For that matter, when did products designed to prevent people from conceiving children get redefined as elements of health care?
“when we deny women access to retirement that is secure; when we continue – as we do – to discriminate against women in the Social Security system, we are leaving too many women on their own.”
How are “we” denying women access to a secure retirement? Is there some law I haven’t heard about that prevents American citizens of the female persuasion from saving money in a private account for that purpose? As for Social Security, payments from that system are based on lifetime earnings figures, so the more you make and pay into it over the years, the larger your S.S. checks will be when you retire. A person’s gender has nothing to do with that equation, and the truth of the matter is that women generally live longer than men by several years, so they actually receive a larger percentage of S.S. funds overall.
“We move forward when gay and transgender women are embraced as our colleagues and friends, not fired from good jobs because of who they love or who they are.”
What exactly is a transgender woman? Do you mean a man who wears dresses and pretends to be a woman? And when was the last time you heard of someone being fired simply because they weren’t heterosexual? Just what decade are you living in, anyway?
“We move forward when women who came to this country in search of a better life can earn a path to citizenship.”
That’s been going on since this nation was founded. So, unless President Obama drafted an executive order recently that prevents women from legally immigrating to the U.S. and doing what is required under the U.S. Code to become a naturalized citizen, what’s the problem?
“There are those who offer themselves as leaders who even play politics with the nomination of our nation’s chief law enforcement officer…”
Yes there are. That’s because the Attorney General of the U.S. is a political appointee, and the most recent nominee for that office will be replacing the most politically biased AG in the history of the republic. Of course, I wouldn’t expect someone like you to understand partisan bickering over presidential appointments. Why, you’re as pure as the wind-driven snow when it comes to such things, right? I mean, you’ve never spoken out politically about a Republican president’s choice for – say – the federal judiciary, have you?
“Here in the United States, just last week we saw fast-food workers marching in the streets, asking for nothing more than a living wage and a chance at the American dream.”
What they were actually doing was calling for the unionization of the entire fast-food industry, and insisting that their employers pay them $15 an hour to do entry-level jobs that most well-trained chimpanzees would do for a bunch of grapes and a ripe banana. Then they went on to threaten larger protests in the future if their unreasonable demands weren’t met. But then, who cares about little things like facts when you’re committed to demonizing American businesses for purely political gain, right?
Edward L. Daley
We here at the Daley Gator would like to take this moment to thank our many loyal readers for helping to make this humble blog a success.
And now, this: