A brilliant piece by Mike McDaniel that exposes and eviscerates Leftism, and it’s many failings. You might call Leftist Theology, yes, I said theology, the failure that keeps on failing
Climate change–previously known as global warming until none occurred for nearly two decades in direct contradiction to all the warmist’s computer models and projections–is the perfect ideological companion for progressivism. Here’s why:
(1) It is non-falsifiable. No matter what happens, climate change is the cause. Melting ice at the poles? Climate change. Increasing ice at the poles? Climate change. Drowning polar bears? Climate change. Ooops. Polar bears regularly swimming hundreds of miles? Climate change. More hurricanes? Climate change. Fewer hurricanes than normal? Climate change. Because it is a matter of progressive faith, it can never be disproved.
(2) It is a never-ending alarmist scenario. Because any weather is caused by climate change, it is an eternal money-making scenario and political cudgel with which to beat republicans. Oppose climate change policy? You want to destroy the planet! It is a bottomless money pit. No matter how much money is spent, more will be required.
(3) It demands more and more virulent progressivism. Climate change can be combatted only with more progressive policy.
(4) It is the perfect wealth distribution justification and vehicle. Solar panels? Windmills? Electric vehicles? All must be funded with trillions to save the planet. That none, even all together, can have any effect on the climate, ever, means nothing. The point is to send huge amounts of other people’s money to progressive backers, who will in turn give huge amounts to progressive politicians.
(5) It gives government, run by progressives, unlimited justification to increase governmental power and to diminish individual liberty.
Go read it all folks, it is truly masterful