The Cos Won’t Face Criminal Charges In Los Angeles Sexual Assault Cases

Bill Cosby Won’t Face Criminal Charges In Los Angeles Sexual Assault Cases – The Wrap

.

.
Whatever the numerous legal hurdles facing Bill Cosby, criminal charges from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office aren’t among them.

Cosby won’t face charges stemming from two of his accusers, the DA’s office announced Wednesday.

In the case of the first sexual assault allegation, the DA’s office cited the statute of limitations in its decision not to pursue charges. That accuser claimed that Cosby took her to a Hollywood jazz club in 1965 when she was 17 years old and bought her alcoholic beverages. The accuser had claimed that Cosby then took her to a private residence and forced her to have intercourse with him.

The second accuser claimed that she attended a party with a friend at the Playboy mansion in 2008 when she was 18 and was introduced to Cosby. She alleged that she began to feel dizzy and sick after drinking an alcoholic beverage that Cosby had given her. According to her accusations, Cosby then led her to an upstairs bedroom. When she awoke, the accuser claimed, her “clothes were off, her breasts felt moist, as if they were licked, and the suspect was at the foot of the bed biting her toe. He appeared to be masturbating,” according to a charge evaluation worksheet issued by the district attorney’s office on Wednesday.

In that case, the district attorney’s office said, the unnamed accuser initially claimed that the incident took place at a Midsummer Night’s Dream Party held at the mansion in August 2008. However, she later stated that she was unsure if the incident occurred at that event or another event held at the mansion that summer.

Investigators reviewed video footage from the Midsummer Night’s Dream Party, none of which showed Cosby or the accuser present. They also obtained evidence that Cosby was in New York at the time of the party.

A subsequent review of guest lists from events at the mansion in 2008 found that Cosby was only listed as a guest at one event that year, in February.

While some of the second accuser’s accusations – both were listed as Jane Does by the district attorney’s office – were barred by the statute of limitations, the DA determined that, other potential charges that could be filed, “there is insufficient evidence to prove these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Cosby has been accused of rape or sexual assault by dozens of women. His former attorney, Martin Singer, has denied the allegations in the past.

The former “Cosby Show” star has been slapped with multiple lawsuits in the wake of the scandal. He has also been charged with felony sexual assault stemming from accusations made by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand, who alleges that Cosby assaulted her in 2004.

Constand had previously sued Cosby over the alleged attack, but later settled with him.

In a statement, attorney Gloria Allred, who represents the first accuser, said that he client is “very disappointed” in the district attorney’s decision.

Allred added that she is working to eliminate the statute of limitations in California for cases involving rape and sexual assault.

Read Allred’s full statement below.
.

Today the LA County District Attorney declined to file charges against Bill Cosby as a result of allegations made against him by two Jane Does. I represent one of women who alleges that she was victimized in 1965 when she was 17 years old.

My client is very disappointed in the District Attorney’s decision which appears to have been based on California’s statute of limitations and which is the stated reason that the District Attorney did not file criminal charges. It is very difficult for a person who alleges that she is a victim to understand that there are arbitrary time periods set by law and that if allegations are not reported within that time period that it will be too late for a prosecutor to pursue them even if a prosecutor believes that there is sufficient evidence to prove that case beyond a reasonable doubt.

We are, however, working to change the law in California to eliminate the statute of limitations for criminal cases involving rape and sexual assault. I am working with California Senator Connie Leyva to change the law in this state.

Although if signed into law this proposed new legislation will not be retroactive and is not likely to cover allegations against Mr. Cosby, it will be of benefit to others in the future who allege that they are victims of rape. Passage of that bill will be a positive step forward for victims of sexual predators.

.

.

Iraq War Veteran Joe Leal Helping Homeless Vets On The Streets Of Los Angeles (Video)

This Iraq War Veteran ‘Hunts’ And Helps Homeless Vets On The Streets Of Los Angeles – Daily Signal

Iraq War veteran Joe Leal knows firsthand the difficulties associated with readjusting to domestic life after combat.

“You hear this, ‘We support the troops,’ and there’s commercials out there where troops will be walking down the airport and people will clap, like, ‘Thank you for your service,’” Leal says. “But what happens after they take the uniform off?”

That concern – coupled with a booming Los Angeles homeless veteran population – prompted Leal to launch the Vet Hunters Project, a grassroots movement of veterans helping other ex-servicemen and women.

On this Veterans Day, The Daily Signal takes a closer look at the organization and the lives it’s changing.
.

.
Please support this fantastic organization.

http://vethunters.org
https://www.facebook.com/thevethuntersproject
https://twitter.com/vethunters

.

.

Obamaconomy Update: Communist China To Build High-Speed Railway From Los Angeles To Las Vegas

China, U.S. Reach Agreement On High-Speed Rail Before Xi Visit – Bloomberg

.

.
A China Railway Group-led consortium and XpressWest Enterprises LLC will form a joint venture to build a high-speed railway linking Las Vegas and Los Angeles, the first Chinese-made bullet-train project in the U.S.

Construction of the 370-kilometer (230-mile) Southwest Rail Network will begin as soon as next September, according to a statement from Shu Guozeng, an official with the Communist Party’s leading group on financial and economic affairs. The project comes after four years of negotiations and will be supported by $100 million in initial capital. The statement didn’t specify the project’s expected cost or completion date.

The agreement, signed days before President Xi Jinping’s state visit to the U.S., is a milestone in China’s efforts to market its high-speed rail technology in advanced economies. The country has been pushing the technology primarily in emerging markets – often with a sales pitch from Premier Li Keqiang – as a means to project political influence. A $567 million contract last October to supply trains for Boston’s subway system was China’s first rail-related deal in the U.S.

The agreement also represents an important victory in China’s high-speed rail rivalry with Japan, as the two countries have competed for train contracts throughout Asia. The parent company of JR Central, Japan’s largest bullet-train maker, had expressed interest in the Los Angeles-Las Vegas line several years ago, and China and Japan are both expected to bid to supply train cars for a proposed high-speed rail line in California’s Central Valley.

“This is the first high-speed railway project where China and the U.S. will have systematic cooperation,” Yang Zhongmin, a deputy chief engineer with China Railway Group, said after a news conference in Beijing. “It shows the advancement of China-made high-speed railways.”

The Los Angeles-Las Vegas project will create new technology, manufacturing and construction jobs in the region, Shu’s statement said.

Through July, China had built more than 17,000 kilometers (10,565 miles) of domestic high-speed rail lines, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.

Apart from the railway project, China National Machinery Industry Corp. and General Electric Co. signed a memo of understanding to invest $327 million to develop 60 wind power stations in Kenya, Shu said at the Beijing news conference.

During Xi’s visit starting next week, China and the U.S. are expected to reach agreements on trade, energy, climate, finance, aviation, defense and infrastructure construction, China Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Wednesday. Xi is due to visit Boeing Co.’s factory in Everett, Washington as China makes a push to build its own passenger planes.

“Economic and trade cooperation will be a major topic for president Xi’s visit to the U.S.,” Shu said in Beijing. “China and the U.S. share common interests and have solid foundation for cooperation.”

.

.

HOORAY! Leftist Commercial Talk Radio Disappears In New York, Los Angeles And San Francisco In 2014

Liberal Commercial Talk Radio Disappears In NY, LA, SF In 2014 – Truth Revolt

.

.
2014 will mark the beginning of a massive change for liberal talk radio across the country. In New York, WWRL 1600 AM will flip to Spanish-language music and talk, throwing Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, and Alan Colmes off the air. In Los Angeles, KTLK 1150 will be dumping Stephanie Miller, Rhodes, Bill Press and David Cruz off the air in favor of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. In San Francisco, KNEW 960 will leave Miller, Hartmann, and Mike Malloy without a radio home in the market.

Thanks to radio consolidation and the secondary status of leftist talk in major markets across the country, the final death knell for liberal talkers could be tolling. Leftist talkers simply don’t have the same radio draw as conservatives; KTLK was ranked #41 in the market in November 2013, with WWRL registering almost no pulse at all. KNEW registered just an 0.4 in the San Francisco market in December 2013, placing it #31 in the market.

The failure of commercial leftist talk means that only government-sponsored NPR remains in many major markets.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.

Man spends $100,000 on plastic surgery to look more like……….

Justin Bieber? WTF?

A 33-year-old man spent nearly $100,000 over five years in an attempt to look like pop-superstar Justin Bieber, according to Australian news outlet news.com.au.

The man, Toby Sheldon, is reportedly an aspiring musician and has undergone multiple surgeries to transform his face.

“It’s Justin’s smile that gives him his youthful look. So I had my upper lip lifted [and] my bottom lip plumped out,” Sheldon told Closer.

“My smile surgery took more than a month to recover from,” he added. “And, after my eyelid surgery, I couldn’t open my eyes for a week.”

Good Freaking Grief! Someone has ISSUES!

JB

 

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, and the check is in the mail

Anyone who has a grasp of history, or an ounce of common sense saw this coming. We told you Liberals this would happen, but did you listen? Of course not!

Via Kaiser Health News:

Health plans are sending hundreds of thousands of cancellation letters to people who buy their own coverage, frustrating some consumers who want to keep what they have and forcing others to buy more costly policies.

The main reason insurers offer is that the policies fall short of what the Affordable Care Act requires starting Jan. 1.

Most are ending policies sold after the law passed in March 2010.  At least a few are cancelling plans sold to people with pre-existing medical conditions.

Here is more

“I don’t feel like I need to change, but I have to,” said Jeff Learned, a television editor in Los Angeles, who must find a new plan for his teenage daughter, who has a health condition that has required multiple surgeries.

An estimated 14 million people purchase their own coverage because they don’t get it through their jobs. Calls to insurers in several states showed that many have sent notices.

Florida Blue, for example, is terminating about 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state. Kaiser Permanente in California has sent notices to 160,000 people – about half of its individual business in the state.  Insurer Highmark in Pittsburgh is dropping about 20 percent of its individual market customers, while Independence Blue Cross, the major insurer in Philadelphia, is dropping about 45 percent.

 

Do Feminists dig crazy dudes?

I ask because I have always wondered what type of man Feminists are into. The Other McCain has done some research and concludes that crazy is the way to go if you want to bang a young Feminist

Remember when “male feminist” Professor Hugo Schwyzer melted down, he admitted he’d slept with more than two dozen female students but said it stopped in 1998? Yeah, he totally lied about that:

Pasadena City College’s porn professor Hugo Schwyzer admitted Thursday he had sex with students as recently as 2011 and said he has admitted himself to a psych ward for the fifth time this summer. . . .
On Tuesday a woman who identified herself as a former PCC student wrote on a blog about having sex with Schwyzer in his campus office in 2008. The former student said she knew of at least one other girl who also had sex with the porn professor. . . .
In a statement issued late Thursday afternoon, PCC officials said the college would “act swiftly to conduct an investigation and hold Mr. Schwyzer accountable for his actions while an employee.”
The student, who identified herself as “Megan Moore” said she enrolled in Schwyzer’s History 25B class “Women in American Society” in spring semester 2011. After meeting for coffee at Starbucks on North Hill Street and Walnut Avenue, the student said she developed a relationship with Schwyzer.
After that, “We continued to meet for sex, sometimes in his office with the door locked, for the next seven months until I graduated PCC in December 2011,” she wrote.
“Throughout his spectacular recent fall from grace Hugo has maintained that he never slept with his students after 1998,’ she continued. “That simply isn’t true. I know one other girl besides myself with whom Hugo was having sex the same semester.”

And, not surprisingly, Meagan is into the whole “SlutWalk” nonsense

 She says she “was one of the organizers of the 2011 SlutWalk in Los Angeles

So, the question remains. Do crazy Feminist girls like crazy male Feminists, or does doing the Horizontal Bop with Crazy male Feminist professors make Feminist girls crazy enough to think that things called SlutWalks empower women?