Democratic chairman Michael Gardner is accused of assaulting a family member who was under 13 at the time of the assault, officials said. He also reportedly molested two little girls at his daughter’s sleepover. (WUSA)
Michael Gardner reportedly tried to hire a hit man to murder the two little girls he molested.
The Washington Post reported:
A former Falls Church Democratic Party chairman, charged with molesting two young girls, talked about hiring a hit man to kill them before they could be witnesses at his March 4 trial, according to court documents.
Loudoun County prosecutors said Michael Gardner, who is scheduled to stand trial for allegedly molesting the girls, approached an inmate about finding someone to kill the girls. The inmate reached out to authorities last month.
In a letter, received by authorities last month, the inmate told Gardner that he knew someone who could “help with…. the ‘3 problems’ you have pre-trial,” according to a motion filed by the prosecution on Thursday, allegedly referring to the two girls and a unspecified third issue. The letter was sent from the inmate in response to “multiple and specific conversations” Gardner allegedly had with the inmate, according to court papers.
Loudoun County prosecutor Nicole Wittmann said she did not know whether Gardner contacted a hit man.
Gardner was convicted in 2012 of molesting two girls, who were 9 and 10 at the time, during a slumber party for his daughter’s 10th birthday.
He was sentenced to 22 years in prison. Then his conviction was overturned by the state Supreme Court, which said the trial judge improperly stopped Gardner’s defense attorney from asking character witnesses about Gardner. He was granted a new trial.
Prosecutors from the Loudoun County commonwealth’s attorney’s office are handling the case, because the Arlington County commonwealth’s attorney knows the Gardner family.
In a motion filed Thursday, which was provided to The Washington Post, Loudoun Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Alejandra Rueda, who is prosecuting the case with Wittmann, quoted a letter from the inmate to Gardner.
“I want you to know I haven’t forgotten what we’ve discussed. The friend you asked me to contact to see if he could help with the ‘3 problems’ you have pre-trial will be passing through VA on a FL to NY ‘run,’ ” the letter said, according to the motion. Referring to the alleged hit man, the letter continues: “Get back to me right away because I don’t [want] his visiting you to interfere with Robin and the kids [sic] anticipated visit.”
Two black males in Milwaukee walked up to the home of a white family, in a majority black neighborhood, and unleashed a hail of gunfire. A five year old white girl was murdered while sitting on her grandfather’s lap.
Milwaukee police say there is no question the shooters were deliberating trying to kill people inside the house. At least a dozen bullets were fired directly into the house. There may have been a third person driving a getaway car.
The house was located in a census tract that is 77% black and 14% white.
The Milwaukee Sentinel and Milwaukee channel 6 have actually been trying to downplay the murder. They are falsly reporting that it was “a stray bullet.” That directly contradicts all the evidence found by police.
If the races were reversed, this would be the biggest news story in the entire western world right now. Imagine for one second that two white males walked up to a black occupied home, in a mostly white neighborhood, and opened fire. Imagine a five year old black girl was murdered while sitting on her grandfather’s lap. There would weeks of national coverage. There would be documentaries. The story would be revisited by the national media over and over for the next ten years.
For decades, Midwestern black street gangs have used racially motivated violence against white people as gang initiations. The most common form is mob attacks on white college students. However, more and more gang initiations are targeting random white people for shootings. There have been numerous fatalities. Black on white hate crime violence is also surging due to media agitation over Ferguson. A panel on MSNBC even urged blacks to “make white people feel uncomfortable.” A statement that seemed to greenlight black on white hate crime violence.
Despite Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson vowing to “stem the tide” of unaccompanied illegal minors across the southern border with Mexico, thousands more are expected to enter the United States by the end of the year. With the system being overwhelmed, Border Patrol agents are concerned about minors who have admitted to being MS-13 members, a brutal street gang from El Salvador that has been successful in infiltrating American communities. Agents are also concerned about minors who have committed acts like torture and murder in their home countries before heading north to the United States.
“We have six minors in Nogales who have admitted to killing and doing grievous bodily injuries. One admitted to killing as young as eight years old,” an agent tells Townhall anonymously for fear of losing his job for speaking out. “They are being held for placement in the U.S.”
By U.S. legal standards many gang members operating in Central American countries and traveling north are classified as minors due to being under the age of 18. However, many young males are actively engaged in violent cartel and criminal activity, yet are treated as children when processed through the Department of Human Services or Department of Homeland Security systems.
“But remember, this is a ‘humanitarian crisis.’ They are just kids,” he said in a frustrated and sarcastic tone. “They are MS-13 gang members. They’ve done everything from torture to murder. They act as teenage ‘enforcers.'”
Nearly 200 murderers, over 400 rapists, and 300 kidnappers in the U.S. illegally were released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement while awaiting deportation proceedings, according to a new report from the Center for Immigration Studies.
A total of 36,007 criminal illegal immigrants that were being processed for deportation were freed in 2013. Together, they committed nearly 88,000 crimes, according to the report, published Monday.
“I was astonished at not only the huge number of convicted criminals who were freed from ICE custody last year – an average of almost 100 a day – but also at the large number of very serious crimes they had committed,” said Jessica Vaughan, the director of policy studies at the Center for Immigration Studies, in a statement.
ICE gathered the statistics – which include a breakdown by crime – in response to congressional inquiry following another report released earlier this year by the Center of Immigration Studies.
That report, which was based on internal Department of Homeland Security documents, showed that ICE encountered over 193,000 illegal immigrant convicts. Charging documents were issued for 125,000, and nearly 68,000 were released.
That review also found that 870,000 illegal immigrants had been removed from ICE dockets despite being in defiance of the law. The number of illegal aliens targeted for deportation fell 28 percent between 2012 and 2013, according to the documents.
The 36,007 illegal immigrants reported Monday were freed by ICE during the final disposition of their cases. The 68,000 from the previous report were criminals who encountered ICE agents – often in jails – but were released without undergoing deportation proceedings.
The 36,007 were released by bond, parole, unsupervised release, or on their own recognizance.
Besides violent criminals, ICE released nearly 16,000 illegal immigrants convicted of driving under the influence. The report also shows that ICE released nearly 2,700 illegal immigrants convicted of assault, 1,300 convicted for domestic violence, and nearly 1,300 convicted for battery.
“These figures call into question President Obama’s request to Congress for permission to reduce immigration detention capacity by 10 percent in favor of permission to make wider use of experimental alternatives to detention,” reads the report.
In June 2011, the administration began applying “prosecutorial discretion” to many deportation cases. This has led to a 40 percent decrease in the number of deportations.
“Congress should resist further action on immigration reform until the public can be assured that enforcement is more robust and that ICE can better deal with its criminal alien caseload without setting them free in our communities,” said Vaughan in a statement.
The woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of her boyfriend.
The jury deliberated for about six hours over two days before reaching their verdict in the trial of 34-year-old Crystal Mangum, who was sentenced to between 14 years and 18 years in prison.
Mangum was on trial in the death of 46-year-old Reginald Daye. He was stabbed on April 3, 2011 and he died of complications 10 days later.
In 2006, Mangum claimed Duke lacrosse players gang raped her at a team party where she was hired as a stripper.
The three arrested were eventually declared innocent by North Carolina’s attorney general after Mangum’s story crumbled and her mental stability was questioned.
The following are courtroom clips showing the moment Mangum heard her verdict read, as well as statements from the victim’s family:
More from the Los Angeles Times regarding the Duke lacrosee case:
“You have all been told some fantastic lies, and I look forward to watching them unravel in the weeks to come, as they already have in weeks past… The truth will come out,” lacrosse player David Evans said after he was indicted.
The case did slowly fall apart as DNA evidence failed to tie Mangum to any of the 46 white players on the team. She eventually recanted her statement and said she was not sure she had been raped, although she insisted some sort of sexual assault had taken place.
In court, defense lawyers revealed that the prosecuting attorney and the lab director had withheld evidence that showed that the DNA on Mangum’s body did not match the defendants, and that it matched other men. The defense claimed that the district attorney who was prosecuting violated police policy by using a photo lineup that showed photos only of lacrosse players and did not mix in other men.
“She was, in effect, given a multiple choice test in which there were no wrong answers,” a defense motion said.
The district attorney withdrew from the case, resigned and was disbarred.